Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Years Of Occasional Thigh Bone Pain At Night...worried It Could Be Cancer

Discussions relating to bone cancer symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby Giolladhe » Sat May 28, 2016 8:01 pm

I will occasionally be awakened at night by a deep dull ache in my right upper thigh. The pain is in the front of my thigh and it only ever happens at night. I am 29 years old(female), but this has been happening for the last 10 years or so. The frequency of it is anywhere from twice a month to once every 3 or 4 months or more. It lasts about an hour each time it happens and I usually get up and get an ibuprofen and that seems to help.

Moving my legs does not help, walking on it does not help...it's almost as if it needs to run it's hour or two long course. It doesn't feel like a muscle cramp either, it feels like it is coming from the bone. If I rub my leg very hard it will temporarily ease the pain(while I'm rubbing) but it doesn't help it go away. My thigh doesn't get swollen or red or anything, just the pain. I'm worried it could be cancer. Thanks so much for your time and help on this matter.
Giolladhe

Postby adolphe » Sat May 28, 2016 8:06 pm

It sounds to me like you might have a nerve entrapment syndrome.  If it's been going on ten years, it's not cancer.  There is another problem you might have called "aseptic necrosis of the femoral head" which is a bit more serious, and sometimes ends up with a hip replacement.  If you were my patient I'd probably do an MRI of the upper hip, pelvis, and lumbosacral spine to see if there is something that might need correction there.  
adolphe

Postby Burty » Sun May 29, 2016 5:32 am

I will occasionally be awakened at night by a deep dull ache in my right upper thigh. The pain is in the front of my thigh and it only ever happens at night. I am 29 years old(female), but this has been happening for the last 10 years or so. The frequency of it is anywhere from twice a month to once every 3 or 4 months or more. It lasts about an hour each time it happens and I usually get up and get an ibuprofen and that seems to help.

Moving my legs does not help, walking on it does not help...it's almost as if it needs to run it's hour or two long course. It doesn't feel like a muscle cramp either, it feels like it is coming from the bone. If I rub my leg very hard it will temporarily ease the pain(while I'm rubbing) but it doesn't help it go away. My thigh doesn't get swollen or red or anything, just the pain. I'm worried it could be cancer. Thanks so much for your time and help on this matter.
Burty

Return to Bone Cancer