Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Wrist tattoo ideas !?!?

Ovarian Cancer Discussion Forum

Wrist tattoo ideas !?!?

Postby courtlandt » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:32 am

Im planning on getting a tattoo tomorrow on my wrist. I know it is going to have to do with my grandmothers death, she passed away in october from ovarian cancer. So I was thinking of getting a small cancer ribbon, but I dont just want a ribbon, any ideas? thanks. :)
courtlandt

Wrist tattoo ideas !?!?

Postby earie » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:35 am

Don't. Wrist tattoos are trashy. All tattoos are trashy.
earie

Wrist tattoo ideas !?!?

Postby delany » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:37 am

Not to sound like a B**ch but if you don't already have a tat in mind and your appt is tomorrow, you might want to reschedule the appt until you have a clear idea of what you want. I have a breast cancer ribbon on my right forearm with some extra details around it, so just play with some ideas or talk to your artist and see if he has any ideas that you might like.
delany

Wrist tattoo ideas !?!?

Postby kaysan » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:39 am

You should not get a tattoo without being 100% sure about the image. How can you say that you are getting a tattoo tomorrow, and not know what you are getting? I think that you should cancel the appointment, and wait until you really know what you are doing! This is permanent, and you do not want to get something and a week later wish that you had gotten something else!
Never get a tattoo when you are unsure of the image.
You have a beginning of an idea, but it is hardly fleshed out. A cancer ribbon is all well and good, but it is not as personal as it could be, and there is many ways of doing it anyway. This is about your grandmother, and you should make it so. It should have something to do with her, and your relationship to her. It should not just be about cancer.
It should make you think of her, and her life. She was so much more than what caused her demise.
I think that you should wait, and work on this and personalize it.
There is no hurry.
She is your grandmother. She isn't just the cancer.
Here's a good article about how to get a great tattoo without regret:
http://galadarling.com/article/how-to-get-a-great-tattoo-and-never-regret-it

luck~

luck~
kaysan

Wrist tattoo ideas !?!?

Postby leon » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:50 am

what about like the ribbon in the middle and her birthdate on one side and the day she died on the other side of it... my mother died of brain cancer and im thinking of getting something similar only with a cross instead of a ribbon
leon

Wrist tattoo ideas !?!?

Postby martinus92 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:52 am

classic:your name or family memb
martinus92

Return to Ovarian Cancer