Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Worried About Inhaling Toxic Air. At World Trade Center?

Mesothelioma causes, treatment and diagnosis discussion

Postby Uggi » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:53 pm

I was walking to the path train this morning, which is right at the world trade center. I was eating a fruit cup as I waited to cross the street, when some workers were keeping people on the sidewalk so a truck, that was coming from ground zero, can go through...as the truck got through, this thin cloud of dust from the ground was going across us, and I honestly dont know how much I inhaled but it couldnt have been much since I was already disgusted at the air, and I still ate my fruit, until I realized it probably was exposed to the dust. I could not have been exposed to much..it was just a little dust. but as I walked across the street and by the time I got home, my chest hurt and I felt shortness of breathe. I called my doctor and he said I shouldnt worry that nothing is burning at ground zero and I should worry, but I am a hypochondriach and constantly worry im gonna get something...and in this case. worried I might get mesothelioma..

I dont really feel too bad right now, but Its just chest tightness and it hurts to breathe...Doc say maybe my bronchioles just got irritated...

Should I worry? at this point? so many years after everything? and the fact that it doesnt even constitute as short term exposure because it was just a little cloud of dust?
Uggi

Postby baigh » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:57 pm

This is ridiculous.
You are in NYC for God's sake, breathing in carbon emissions every day from millions of trucks, cars and taxis, and you're worried about a little bit of dust from a construction site? Get a life.
baigh

Return to Mesothelioma Forum