Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Will skin cancer make your hair quit growing?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby assan40 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:39 am

yes my hair always grows out so thick but i just went for a hair cut there wasn't that much to cut i am in stage 2b melanoma skin cancer and would that quit making my hair grow out ?
assan40

Postby gren » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:45 am

It's the drugs that can make your hair slow growing. What drugs are you on? Once you are finished with them, you'll likely return to normal.
gren

Postby dubhgall » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:48 am

rebecca,,,
poor hair growth can be caused by these things,,,,
poor circulation of blood.
malnutrition,, not eating the proper foods on a daily basis.
high fever.
and the older a person gets,, their hair growth slows down,,, but that more then likely will not be your case sine you are only 39 years old.
i know you are not in chemo therapy and that is not the cause.
--------------------------------------…
rebecca,,, you need to see to it you eat healthy and you better be keeping up with the cancer follow up appointments,,,
stage 2 b is NOT a death sentence,,, with proper doctor appointments follow ups,,, the cancer can be controlled and you still can have a chance of living many more years.
just because your aunt cindy died from cancer at 42 years age,,, that does not mean you to will die so young. think positive and take good care of your health and be a fighter.
do not give up,,, i would really feel hurt emotionally if you let your cancer to get out of control. please take care of your health,,, i love you very much.
there is nothing wrong with you listening to that martina mcbride song,,, I,M GOING TO LOVE YOU THROUGH IT,,, the song about a woman who survived cancer and her husband stood right by her side.

this answer was written on a APPLE computer and APPLE rules over them damn lousy widows computers.

Bobby
dubhgall

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer