Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Will Obamacare Be Run By The Same Govt That Currently Runs Medicare? The Govt That Allowed This To Happen?

Discuss Prostate Cancer

Will Obamacare Be Run By The Same Govt That Currently Runs Medicare? The Govt That Allowed This To Happen?

Postby Dakota » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:32 am

'

"Medicare recently added coverage of the prostate cancer drug Provenge (sipuleucel-T), which will cost an estimated $93,000 for treatment to increase life expectancy by four months."

-----

[and now, for my opinion]

I know the system is broken. We need something but Obamacare will do far more harm than good.

I've never seen government take something that's broken and make it less broken. Their track record is, frankly, horrendous.

See, "Aquatic Species Program". Once abandoned by the govt, private researchers made more progress in 5 years than the govt-run program had in 18.

Much of what is in this health insurance legislation can legally be done by States' governments (not the mandate). Further, participating States can coordinate their efforts under a uniformity agreement so that visitors from one participating State to another are still covered.

Dakota

Postby Ulz » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:34 am

Well, Obamacare was written by industry professionals with insurance profits in mind but standards are from the Dept of HHS, and the tax credit is from the government.

If Medicare Part D gave the government the power to negotiate the drug prices, the cancer drug would not cost $93,000.

Only the federal government can give the kind of tax credit offered in the health care plan. The states are all in budget deficit. If the states could do it, why has only one state done it so far? The states are not inclined to spend their own money on health care.

You cannot purchase insurance in one state and use it in another. Prices are different in each state and insurance companies have monopolies in different markets. The insurance companies are dictating policy in every aspect of health care. We are lucky to get some reforms through the Obama ACA.
Ulz

Postby Kassi » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:38 am

That program makes me think that liberals want Medicare to go broke faster.
Kassi

Postby Toby » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:48 am

point well taken yes
Toby

Return to Prostate Cancer