Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Will It Make My Cat Sick If She Gets Her Rabies And Feline Leukemia Shots In One Day?

Leukemia and blood cancer discussion.

Will It Make My Cat Sick If She Gets Her Rabies And Feline Leukemia Shots In One Day?

Postby Lex » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:03 pm

Its possible.
There has been reactions (negative) to both.
Its NOT recommended to get FELV shots on indoor cats.
I will never give them to my cats because of the negative reactions and problems associated with the shots.
Lex

Postby Abooksigun » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:04 pm

It will not make her sick. Rabies vaccination is required by law, so that is mandatory even for indoor cats. If you were looking to save some money, you could skip the feline leukemia shot as it is not required by law. In fact, I have had cats my whole life, both indoor and outdoor, and have never gotten them the feline leukemia shot (and they've all lived long, happy, full lives without it).

Hope this helps :)
Abooksigun

Postby Lambret » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:06 pm

It won't make her sick.

She should get her rabies shot. I think it might be a law.
Lambret

Postby Keller » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:08 pm

My large cat (and other cats I've had) has gotten both on the same without any problems. My small cat had her shots split up, because she's so small. No one can say if your cat will have a reaction to the shots. Though I've never had cats that had reactions, I have had dogs that did.
Keller

Return to Leukemia Forum