Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Will i be able to have children?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Postby honani » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:52 am

I have PCOS, HPV, and my mom had to have a hysterectomy I think due to cervical cancer. it is the high risk HPV, and i was diagnosed a year ago. I just want to know if anyone has had pcos and hpv and were successful at having a baby. and if i did want to conceive, should I start trying right away? I am 21 years old; would waiting too long hurt my chances of ever being able to become pregnant? please, serious answers only. if you're either going to be mean or just simply tell me to ask my doctor, please don't post an answer.
honani

Postby lundy19 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:01 am

It's hard to say, because everybody is different, but the longer you wait, the worse your conditions may get, making it harder to have children.
lundy19

Postby armon » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:04 am

The only LOGICAL answer anyone can give you is to ask a doctor though. I am sure many woman have gotten pregnant who have had pcos and hpv (in fact I know some who have who have had pcos) and I am sure there are many who have not. It depends on your health and your body, not what has happened with other woman. You are extremely young which is a good thing to have on your side. I know its scary that your mom had to have a hysterectomy due to cancer but that does not mean you will.. I honestly don't know if that is hereditary but definitely make sure you get your pap smears every year. I wish you the best of luck and to be honest even woman who have fertility problems and cannot naturally conceive still have ways of having a child, things are so advanced now. but I am not saying it would even come to that for you. I know you will hate me and my answer for saying to ask a doctor but I think your personal doctor who treats you would be a much better person to ask about your chances of getting pregnant. If you are in a relationship with someone now and are ready to have kids and want to know if your time is limited, you should ask the doctor. Even if you are not in a relationship you definitely want to know if you should be trying soon before its too late. I understand why you are nervous but I am HOPING and thinking things will work out for you. GOOD LUCK!!
armon

Postby lee21 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:09 am

you might want to try to get pregnant now, having PCOS will give you a hard time and the longer you will try the more chances you will get, i really hope you have a baby with no difficulty...good luck!
lee21

Return to Cervical Cancer