Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Stanford Researchers Target Cancer Cell Proliferation

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Why won't this scab go away? Skin Cancer?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby armon » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:16 am

I have a scab on the back of my thigh. It is VERY small, like the size of a dot made with an ink pen. It does not look unusual, and the area around it does not hurt or itch. I'm not sure how long it has been there or what caused it. I just noticed it 2 or 3 weeks ago. It is possible that it was originally a bug bite that got scratched and then turned scabby as I live in a very "buggy" area. If this is the case, I would not be as concerned. But I just simply cannot remember being bitten and having a spot there. I'm concerned that it may be skin cancer. I just started putting a band-aid and neosporin on it last night and will continue doing this for a couple more days. If it does not go away, I am going to the doctor. My question is, are there any other potential causes of a small scab that takes longer than normal to heal besides cancer? I am already very concerned so please no "go to the doctor immediately" comments because those will only cause more distress. Essentially, I am hoping someone can provide some temporary peace of mind but obviously, only realistic possibilities, please.
armon

Postby molloy69 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:29 am

Bug bites do last longer. You shouldn't worry
molloy69

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer