Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Cancer Rates in September 11 Responders Rising

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Why is my stomach hurting for the past three days?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby marleigh » Thu May 09, 2013 5:39 pm

Hey guys, I've been having a bad stomach ache from the past three days. It first started paining me on Saturday while I was playing Soccer. I didn't think too much of it, just thought it was my abs working me since I haven't ran in a couple weeks.

Anyways, since then it's been hurting me. I thought it was maybe because I was hungry, but even after I have a big plate of food, it still hurts. The last time I had stomach pain was when I was like 14, now I'm 20 by the way. So yeah, it doesn't make me dizzy, or make me upset, or anything like that. It just hurts.

I couldn't even go back to sleep today so I went and ate some cereal thinking it would ease the pain but it's still here.
marleigh

Postby farand » Thu May 09, 2013 5:40 pm

Is the pain your stomach muscles themselves or a little deeper inside?
If the pain is deeper inside than your muscles (higher than your belly button - just an inch or two below the bottom of your sternum), it could be acid reflux. That spot is actually where your esophagus meets the TOP of your stomach - at the diaphragm. The esophagus could get very damaged.

Hollywood's right; try Pepto-Bismol, Tums, Maalox, or Phillips Milk of Magnesia. If you don't have that, mix a half-teaspoon of baking soda with about 1/4 cup of water (mix it well) and drink it. I like the baking soda option, makes me burp for a few minutes as the calcium carbonate neutralizes the acid in the stomach.

Arm & Hammer's instructions are on the box, and their website:
http://www.armandhammer.com/solutions/solution-53/Antacid.aspx?gclid=CMeAksL-8bYCFWbhQgodP2kAGA

If any of these works (probably only temporarily), it's probably acid reflux. You can get over-the-counter Prilosec; for me it stopped the pain for about three days at a time. Don't eat spicy foods.
I didn't get it checked out for years, and it got so bad I had to have surgeries to make sure the damage from the acid didn't cause cancer in my esophagus.

I had this stomach pain since I was around 9 and I'm 42 now.

Of course, if your problem isn't acid reflux, then nevermind everything I've said.
farand

Postby ranell38 » Thu May 09, 2013 5:49 pm

Have you taken anything for it like Pepto-Bismol or Maalox or Phillips Milk of Magnesia. If you haven't tried anything try one of these. If the pain continues after trying these for a day or 2, then go to the doctors to see what's wrong.
ranell38

Postby rhys » Thu May 09, 2013 5:54 pm

about it you can get information from here site page -> mdweb.life-to-you.info/AA9gkZF
rhys

Postby rodge » Thu May 09, 2013 6:10 pm

Have you taken a pregnancy test?
rodge

Return to Stomach Cancer