Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: New Biomarker Discovered for Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Why is laetrile banned by the FDA?

Cancer Prevention discussion, cancer prevention diets, environmental causes of Cancer and more.

Postby wylingford34 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:57 pm

Bitter Apricot seeds and B-17 known as laetrile have been shown to cure cancer, but Big Pharma doesn't want you to know about it. They can't make money off of it. They can't put a patent on a food. Taking 3-5 seeds twice a day can prevent cancer or remove it completely in just a few months, don't believe me? Try it for yourself. Laetrile has been banned by the FDA, that's right they banned a vitamin that is found naturally in food. You cannot buy vitamin B-17 over the counter and talking to your doctor about it can get his license to practice medicine pulled. I guess we know who controls the FDA.
wylingford34

Postby jannes31 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:09 pm

The FDA has this funny little thing about requiring meds it approves to have been proven (by peer reviewed clinical studies) to be safe & effective.

Laetrile doesn't have any supporting evidence.
jannes31

Postby eoin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:11 pm

It's a scam. You hand over a lot of money and die anyway. Anyone can create a neat website and lie to you.

It isn't a vitamin - that name is just there to con you.

If you give it to someone who has cancer, without any other treatment, the cancer will grow and they will die.

It's a scam and a fraud and a wicked way to make money off desperate people.
eoin

Postby airleas » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:12 pm

Laetrile is not a vitamin, that was a marketing gimmick to make people buy it.

Repeated testing has shown it provides NO benefit in the treatment of cancer.

It has been shown to provide cyanide poisoning.

The only person I know of personally to try it was a man who tried to get me to take it for my cancer over 6 years ago. He had been taking it as a preventative measure for many years.

He died of cancer 4 years ago, still refusing conventional treatment because he was sure he had a cure.

I am glad I didn't believe him and with conventional treatment I am alive to tell the tale with no evidence of disease.
airleas

Postby caine » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:14 pm

Not sure what your question is. Laetrile is not banned it just has been proven without question to not only not cure cancer but has a high risk of causing cyanide poisoning
caine

Return to Cancer Prevention