Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Why Is Awareness Of Pancreatic Cancer Important To Healthcare Globally?

Pancreatic Cancer Discussions

Postby eijaz » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:23 pm

Public awareness does nothing for doctors they are already well aware of pancreatic cancer.

I?m not sure why it would be important to healthcare globally as there are not that many cases of pancreatic cancer as compared to other cancers, but few who get it survive it.

However, research done for any cancer usually helps with others as well.

If the public was more aware of the few vague symptoms and risk factors they may seek medical attention sooner increasing the possibility of finding it earlier, but the only patients I have seen who are long term survivors are those whose cancers were found incidentally.

If there was more funding we may be able to find a screening method and some sort of treatment.

BTW I worked with a doctor who died of pancreatic cancer and he did not have treatment for it as he knew it would not help.
eijaz

Postby Hobbard » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:45 pm

Doctors need to know a disease exists so they can cure it. It's like breast cancer awareness. Before we can cure it, we need to inform doctors that it exists. Walking in marathons and wearing those pink ribbons raise awareness of this terrible disease. Pancreatic cancer needs more media attention so we can inform doctors of it.
Hobbard

Return to Pancreatic Cancer