Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Why Have I Been On My Period For Six Months Straight?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Postby Enea » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:40 pm

So, at the beginning of last year, i was on my period for six months straight! Around December we finally found a birth control that had enough hormones in it to make me stop. Now its around ten months later, and my medicine has stopped working. My moms friend (who is a doctor) says it sounds like i have cervical cancer (which i really hope it isn't!) My mother on the other hand says, if i hand cancer they would have known by now. I have had a bi-manual exam, but they were reluctant on giving me a pap smear, because i am still a virgin. If i did have cancer, would the bi-manual exam have found it out? Should i have a pap smear? Do you have any idea what could be wrong? Or am i just worrying for no reason?
Enea

Postby Algar » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:42 pm

you are always going to be on your period every month.
Algar

Postby Doug » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:55 pm

There's no reason not to give a virgin a pap smear. Go to a different gynecologist ASAP.
Doug

Postby Joziah » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:58 pm

Yes she is right you will a have a period every month for about a week. Now if you were bleeding everyday for 6 months straight id say yeah thats a concern. I do believe you should get a pap smear. Esp if you are having problems. Go get a pap and check how everything is going down there. You should get one weather you are a virgin or not. It should NOT matter!! Go to a diff doctor and get a pap!!
Joziah

Postby Ren » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:59 pm

in case you have been slightly youthful, i could say do no longer difficulty approximately considering that happens to human beings of their first few years of menstruating, yet at your age, it must be some thing extreme. Your weight seems positive. often times low bodyweight could reason women individuals to stop menstruating. pass and notice a gynecologist.
Ren

Return to Cervical Cancer