Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Survival Rates Increasing with Targeted Molecular Therapy

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Why has the FDA banned vitamin B17 from the public for 3 decades plus?

Cancer Prevention discussion, cancer prevention diets, environmental causes of Cancer and more.

Postby adamek14 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:52 pm

The FDA banned B17 from public consumption back in the early 70's on some lame finding that their wasn't enough evidence that it had any proof that it did anything. WHAT? Then it has never opened a study into it since then or I should say no research from private outside sources has been conducted? This all sounds pretty crazy to me especially since it appears that B17 can help in the cure of cancer. Is there some relationship to the fact that maybe the drug companies want to keep a cure off the market for their own wealth? I wonder why this vitamin is so treated this way. If you can direct me to sources on the reasoning why this is banned from the USA, please do so.
adamek14

Postby lee » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:56 pm

I guess you have not tried researching this on your own because if you had you would know there is no such thing as vitamin B17 and the FDA does not open studies.

You can start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amygdalin
lee

Postby maccoll35 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:59 pm

Because it is a scam. It isn't a vitamin and it doesn't do anything except kill you with the contained cyanide if you take too many.

There was a study, some of the subjects died and the rest couldn't be found.

Save your money for something that works.
maccoll35

Postby weston » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:01 pm

If you would bother researching yourself, you would know it's not a vitamin. There is no such thing as b17. You certainly could make better use of your brain...

lol thanks Greeney! Pretty impressive tumor I had there.. Most of the hair has grown back, but I'm left with the battle scar showing!
weston

Postby bryne » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:03 pm

Yep...all replies are right, no such thing!

@april.....pretty impressive scar you've got there!
bryne

Postby donalt » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:17 pm

It was banned in several countries as scientific research has shown it give no benefit in either the prevention or treatment of cancer and contains cyanide, a deadly poison.

this is actually one of the few "alternate" cures that has had extensive testing. NOTHING shows it can help in the cure of cancer.

I have personally only met one person who has fallen for this scam. He tried to convince me to use this substance (it is NOT a vitamin) when I was fighting cancer 7 years ago. He had been using it for 12 years at that time as a preventative. 2 years later he died of cancer. Last week I was told by my oncologist that I do not need any further follow up visits as i have had no sign of cancer since completing my (conventional) treatment for stage 3 breast cancer.
donalt

Re: Why has the FDA banned vitamin B17 from the public for 3

Postby cometogether » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:48 am

To the contrary it does help and has been by those who don't want a cure and appeal to the people as good trustworthy authorities. Here's a link : http://www.naturalhealthcourses.com/Reading_Room/Vitamin_B17.htm
P.s. wikipedia isn't a reliable source in all information. :ugeek:
cometogether

Return to Cancer Prevention