Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Cancer Rates in September 11 Responders Rising

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Why doesn't sun burn bother or irritate me?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby manolo » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:58 pm

Like if I burn my neck it is a horrible experience so I do do my best to keep that protected but the rest of my body can be horribly burned and not bother me. I mean when I was a little kid my Mum used to insists I wear sun cream but as I became 15 she just said if I got burnt don't go moaning to her and I have been burnt million of times since but I honestly don't get bugged by it, it is only if my neck burns I feel a searing pain, if anywhere else burns I just don't feel a thing, just a slight warm sensation in the burnt areas.

Just got me thinking though cos I was working out in the sun all weekend and got sun burnt over the weekend and all my colleagues were just like, "why don't you wear sun cream?" cos I was like properly burnt but it just really didn't bug or irritate me.

Why doesn't sun burn cause me any pain or irritation with the exception of my neck?
manolo

Postby claudius » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:11 pm

You might just have extra sensitivity in that area. It might not be used to sunlight since you protect it...

You should really wear sun screen, though, even if you have no pain. You can get skin cancer from the ultraviolet rays that come from the sun. Skin cancer is generally the most common cancer because people don't take it as seriously but it can certainly kill you.
claudius

Postby darcy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:15 pm

You might just have extra sensitivity in that area. It might not be used to sunlight since you protect it...

You should really wear sun screen, though, even if you have no pain. You can get skin cancer from the ultraviolet rays that come from the sun. Skin cancer is generally the most common cancer because people don't take it as seriously but it can certainly kill you.
xcxcx
darcy

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer