Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Why Does Smoking Tobacco Supposably Cause Cancer?

Mesothelioma causes, treatment and diagnosis discussion

Postby Cerin » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:57 am

In regard to 'smoking' - it's a major cause of cancer - not just due to it being an irritant but due to the long time heavy use that most nicotine addicts are subjected to. I'm an ex-smoker, and I am sure it played some role in my kidney cancer - but I also have a strong family history of 'kidney problems'. Often there's likely no single cause of cancer, but a kind of combination of lifestyle and hereditary/genetic factors. I have an unclethat was diagnosed with lung cancer; he was a nonsmoker for all of his life and lived a squeaky clean lifestyle.
In getting people to stop smoking, the dangers of smoking and cancer have been perhaps been overstated - but these scare tactic propagandizing overstatements have in fact been 99% truthful. Smoking is a major danger.

Asbestos was once considered harmless. People once bathed in formyldehyde solutions and worked in clock/watch factories where radium was recklessly used every day. Smoking is likewise bad. Much has to do with the amount and duration of the addiction which exposes people to enough cellular damage to trigger a cancer...
I do believe there's a kind of misunderstaning of cancer in the thinking of it as being 'just a smoker's disease.' For example, while I believe it's played some role in my own kidney cancer, I also realize that the vast majority of cigarette smokers never develop kidney cancer...

In my own case, there was likely a gene that got turned off - called Von Hippal Lindau gene -

that is found to have an 80% role in my particular form of Kidney Cancer, and also just being a male practically doubles my risk of having a kidney cancer since so many of its sufferers tend to be male instead of female. Also of these people who get it, about 40% happen also tend to be smokers too... So we see multi-risk factors coming together like a kind of perfect storm. Obesity is also a risk factor.
Ironically teetotalers get it much more frequently than moderate drinkers. I was a social drinker - no problematic drinking. There's so many things that come together to form risk factors ie. aging itself is one risk factor. Smoking however is a risk factor we still identify with great confidence. All these risk factors vary ffrom cancer to cancer to some degree...
Cerin

Postby Rockwell » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:59 am

This secret set the medical world on fire!

A 102 year old doctor exposes the myths regarding the real cause of diseases...

And shows you a simple thing you can do right now in your home...that will bulletproof you against life-debilitating illnesses: including heart attack, Cancer, Diabetes, Alzheimer's and MORE...

Click Here Before The Video Gets Taken Down - http://reversediseasetoday.info/Big-Secrets-x56s.html

If Big Pharma gets wind of this, they'll send their lawyers to try to take down the site.

This simple thing doesn't cost you a single cent, and it will destroy Big Pharma's business of selling drugs.

Click Here Before Big Pharma Ban This Video - http://reversediseasetoday.info/Big-Secrets-x56s.html

God Bless,

Ken

P/s: More than 20,392 people have already watched the video...and I'm receiving tens of emails everyday telling me how they are reversing their chronic conditions...in less than 72 hours!
Rockwell

Postby Wybert » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:01 am

"supposedly " refers to something that is thought to happen, but not backed up by proof, in this case, there IS proof that smoking tobacco causes cancer. People get cancer, regardless if they smoke or not. Smoking INCREASES your chances of getting cancer.
Wybert

Postby Jilt » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:08 am

Just because other people get cancer WITHOUT smoking does not mean that smoking does not cause cancer, lol! Read a medical journal.
Jilt

Postby Cappi » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:15 am

Smoking has been proven to cause cancer.
The tobacco companies hid that fact from the public for years.
It increases your risk of lung cancer, pancreatic cancer (actor Patrick Swayze was a heavy smoker and died of pancreatic cancer), esophageal cancer, stomach cancer, oral cancer, heart attacks and stroke.
Yes, the sun can also cause cancer.
So can benzene, asbestos, dioxin, other chemical compounds and a poor diet.
Cancer is a large family of diseases with many causes.
And chief among those causes is smoking.
You can be in denial all you want, but if you smoke, you are putting your health at risk.
http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statisti...
Cappi

Return to Mesothelioma Forum