Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Why does my uterus hurt so much?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Postby amyas » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:07 am

I have had an irregular period since I first started having them at the age of 13 (I will be turning 20 next month). They tend to be very heavy and last for long periods of time (at one point it lasted a whole month).I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome at the age of 15 and took the contraceptive pill to regulate the excruciating pain and heavy bleeds, but it had no effect (I tried three different types), and they lead to weight gain so I stopped taking them. I recently had a period for three weeks, had a two week break (in which I had sex with a condom which did not break), had my period two weeks later for a week, had a one week gap and a one day bleed. Since then, I have been suffering from uteral pains, which I feel in my cervix as well. I am unsure whether it is my right ovary that also hurts, or whether it is the right side of my uterus. The pain causes a lot of discomfort, and I have just been prescribed the painkilling drug 'naproxen'. I am yet to take these, but I remembered that when I was in school four years ago we were offered the cervical cancer jabs, which is a three vaccination course. Of these three I only had two, and forgot to have the third done. Can anyone help with what they think may be causing the discomfort and pain?
amyas

Postby okes » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:10 am

You may try Yumpole.com
okes

Postby yasuo » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:21 am

This is probably because you havent been taking a pill and the POS could be worsening. I would ask you're doctor to try you on a range of different pills to find one that suits you that wont cause weight gain or that. at least then your periods would be regulating properly and the pain may stop . .

hope that helps and i hope you get better
yasuo

Return to Cervical Cancer