Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Why does my stomach keep getting bigger and bigger?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby thorntun40 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:32 pm

I don't know why it has been happening lately but the lower part of my stomach has been getting bigger and bigger and i don't know why. I am an athlete in college and workout daily lifting and running every day. I drink healthy and it has got me so paranoid that i barely eat one meal a day. I usually dont eat anything at all. I dont know what I have been doing wrong. I hear about people I know that get cancer in their stomach and it makes their stomach get bigger and bigger and it has got me paranoid. I seriously don't know what else I need to do. I do multiple ab workouts every other day, I do the p90x yoga x workout at least twice a week and i do sprints and different running exercises. I just need some advice!
thorntun40

Postby aquilino65 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:36 pm

Possibly a hernia. I hear they can be painful but I know some people can get them and not even know bc they don't feel the pain. That is rare but it is possible. Talk to your doc
aquilino65

Postby mansfield » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:45 pm

You should be paranoid about cancer because if it was cancer you would feel symptoms go check with your doctor before it gets worst take care!
mansfield

Postby che » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Can' t say for sure what your problem might be but I can tell for a fact that not eating at very least three meals a day is the Absolute WORST Thing you can do!!!

First this is true because your body needs the proper fuel to be healthy anyway.

Second since you are an Athlete not eating can be even more detrimental to your health. Your vigorous work-outs are causing your body to use more calories than other people with normal rates of exercise do. That means if your body does not get the proper nutrients it needs from the food you take in to your body it will find a way to get the nutrients elsewhere.
What that means is that it will start to eat the nutrients in your Muscles! Which I am sure you can guess is very very very bad.

I sincerely hope this is not the case with you but I do know that malnourishment can actually cause your stomach to get bigger over time. Have you ever seen those pictures of starving children in places like Africa with the big stomachs? That is because of malnourishment since they do not have enough food to eat.

You said you drink healthy so I am guessing you don't drink a lot of beer because that can also make your stomach get bigger.

But since you said you only drink healthy that worries me because most people say they eat healthy so I wonder if you are eating at all? Please eat normal amounts of food and if you are really worried that something may be physically wrong with you see a Doctor to get help. And be honest with them about your daily habits of exercise and not eating properly and see what advice they give you.

So bottom line eat healthy and maybe try a few less workouts for a little bit and see how you feel.
che

Postby drewe » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:53 pm

Can' t say for sure what your problem might be but I can tell for a fact that not eating at very least three meals a day is the Absolute WORST Thing you can do!!!

First this is true because your body needs the proper fuel to be healthy anyway.

Second since you are an Athlete not eating can be even more detrimental to your health. Your vigorous work-outs are causing your body to use more calories than other people with normal rates of exercise do. That means if your body does not get the proper nutrients it needs from the food you take in to your body it will find a way to get the nutrients elsewhere.
What that means is that it will start to eat the nutrients in your Muscles! Which I am sure you can guess is very very very bad.

I sincerely hope this is not the case with you but I do know that malnourishment can actually cause your stomach to get bigger over time. Have you ever seen those pictures of starving children in places like Africa with the big stomachs? That is because of malnourishment since they do not have enough food to eat.

You said you drink healthy so I am guessing you don't drink a lot of beer because that can also make your stomach get bigger.

But since you said you only drink healthy that worries me because most people say they eat healthy so I wonder if you are eating at all? Please eat normal amounts of food and if you are really worried that something may be physically wrong with you see a Doctor to get help. And be honest with them about your daily habits of exercise and not eating properly and see what advice they give you.

So bottom line eat healthy and maybe try a few less workouts for a little bit and see how you feel.
Pregnant.
And eat more.
drewe

Return to Stomach Cancer