Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Why Do White People Tan...when It's A Well-known Fact That All Whites Age Really Fast And Get Skin Cancer?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Why Do White People Tan...when It's A Well-known Fact That All Whites Age Really Fast And Get Skin Cancer?

Postby Richard » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:27 pm

It's a well- known fact that white people age faster than other races because they lack melanin in their skin. Also, the leading cause of skin cancer and fast aging is due to sun exposure. The sun is actually very bad on white people's skin... yet white people sun-bathe and tan to become darker which only ages them. Do they not realize the sun only gives them temporary color but is causing themselves to age prematurely???

Edit : Please don't bring up a few exceptions because I'm talking about the majority.
Richard

Postby Heathdene » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:30 pm

I don't know they are idiots, i like being pale : )
Heathdene

Postby Brycen » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:31 pm

in the culture of our the modern world, it is considered "beautiful". it represents that you have a lot of leisure time. but back in Victorian times, it was considered bad and it meant you where a poor farmhand.
Brycen

Postby shea » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:33 pm

I'd find better things to use my mental energy on than worrying about whites and their tanning.
shea

Postby Conrad » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:35 pm

When they tan, it's their skin's reaction to UV radiation. It's a defense mechanism, but many of them see tanning as a good thing.
Conrad

Postby maeret46 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:37 pm

You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
maeret46

Postby Brann » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:38 pm

Why do black women get weaves? The answer to both questions seems to be that they think it makes them look "better" and, according to popular ideas of beauty, they're right.
Tanning can help acne and generally make white skin have a healthy glow (which is, of course, not healthy at all).
I think that you can find examples in any ethnicity where people change/alter their natural looks in order to strive for some manufactured ideal.
Brann

Postby Brently » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:47 pm

I have always wondered the same thing as a white person...

But I simply think it is due to them not thinking about the long-run, and rather basting (pun was unintentional haha) in the present.
Brently

Postby Niewheall » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:50 pm

It's a well- known fact that white people age faster than other races because they lack melanin in their skin. Also, the leading cause of skin cancer and fast aging is due to sun exposure. The sun is actually very bad on white people's skin... yet white people sun-bathe and tan to become darker which only ages them. Do they not realize the sun only gives them temporary color but is causing themselves to age prematurely???

Edit : Please don't bring up a few exceptions because I'm talking about the majority.
Niewheall

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer