Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: United Kingdom Seeing Increase in Skin Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Why do white people tan when it's a well-known fact that all whites age fast?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby corley39 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:47 am

It's a known fact that white people age faster than other races because they lack melanin in their skin. The leading cause of skin cancer and fast aging is due to sun exposure. The sun is actually very bad on white people's skin... yet white people sun-bathe and tan to become darker which only ages them. Do they not realize the sun only gives them temporary color but is causing themselves to age prematurely?
corley39

Postby giovany » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:51 am

It's a well known fact that non-white racists think they aren't racist. Anyway, what you said is pretty false. White people don't "age faster" than any other group, some people do age faster than others, but race isn't really a factor. White people are more at risk for skin cancer through sun exposure and blacks are more at risk for anemia or high blood pressure. It's not like being a certain race makes you immune to these things, a black person can still get skin cancer from sun exposure and white people can suffer from anemia. Next, please.
giovany

Postby danforth88 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:55 am

That is so right, In aussie the women that stay in the sun for long periods of time age. My aunts did it in the 70s and their skin feel and look like leather being in the sun. They also got sun spots on their face and other parts of their bodies, and have had to have removed. They both look like a pair of smashed up old cars with lots of dents. Luckily my mum and 3 other sisters took the slip,slop, slap, initiative and looked after their skin.
danforth88

Postby stephanos6 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:06 am

It's kind of a paradox. When one tans he or she is actually gaining protection against the harmful rays of the sun but while doing so they are damaging their skin in the process.
stephanos6

Postby addis94 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:15 am

I don't tan.
addis94

Postby arledge » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:25 am

I don't tan.
I'd rather age fast than have the color of dog crap for my skin.
arledge

Postby avram » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:30 am

it's only a well known fact in your head.
avram

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer