Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Why Do People Not Believe You That You've Had Cancer If You Haven't Lost Your Hair?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Why Do People Not Believe You That You've Had Cancer If You Haven't Lost Your Hair?

Postby eijaz » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:13 am

My oldest sister, she has cervical cancer. She didn't lose her hair. I told a friend my friend said I'm lying because she had just seen my sister and my sister didn't lose her hair. I tried telling her that all my sister needed was surgery and you dont lose your hair that way. So now my friend said Im' pathetic and lying.I'm NOT!!!! This has happened to me before but my dad told them it was true, they believed me then.
eijaz

Postby foluke » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:14 am

Why did you talk about your sister's private affairs with a person who's quite obviously not all there? Just be glad she's over it.
foluke

Postby Derrian » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:16 am

Your sister's private health matters are not for you to discuss with anyone.

If this person chooses to disbelieve you then that is up to them and they are obviously not a friend.
Derrian

Postby Blade » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:17 am

mainly because the whole hair loss ordeal is linked to the chemotherapy that most cancer patients have to go through. if someone is basing your sisters validity of her condition on whether or not she has hair.......well then that someone is ignorant and REALLY needs to grow up. if your sister isnt in chemotherapy, she probably wont loose her hair. let me reiterate that, its NOT the CANCER that makes you lose your hair, its the TREATMENT.....*sigh* your friend really needs to come to terms with trying to not be so judgemental
Blade

Postby fflewdwr24 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:20 am

People need to realise that losing your hair is not a symptom of cancer but its the treatment.
fflewdwr24

Postby Verrall » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:24 am

I don't know as I have never come across anyone that stupid.
Verrall

Return to Cervical Cancer