Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Why do people follow "god"?

Anything on your mind? Cancer and non-Cancer discussion in here

Postby barnes » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:39 pm

This isn't a discussion about the existence of god. But more or less about why we as people choose to follow him. I for one believed in him all my life. Now I do not. And even if he was real I would never worship him. He is a tyrant in every sense of the word. Look at our world the pain the suffering.. Christians say its satan. Haha. Please. That's like Obama blaming all the u.s problems on bin laden instead of taking responsibility. This god has unlimited power. Yet does nothing with it. Not even bread for the poor. He creates homosexuals then toutures them thier whole life by having his followers ridicule them and then when they die... Yay more touture in hell. He gives people Cancer. Aids. Bone dieases you name it he will deliever. Look at his past deeds. Killing Egyptian first borns. Flooding the world killing billions. He makes us suffer!! He has the power to change it but does nothing!!! He is sick!! Why do people suffer while others who can be deemed the biggest of sinners prosper? What kind of man sits ideally by as his children destroy themselves if your son or daughter had a gun in thier hands with it pointed to thier ******* head wouldn't you take it away? By gods logic he would let you blow your brains out. Sick isn't it? And satan? Satan got banished because he went against god and all "evil" is blamed on him and Adam and Eve. Since when is it ok for two humans to determine the faith of an entire race? Why should billions suffer for two people's descions. What makes it worse. They where stupid. You want Adam and Eve to know not to eat an apple but they have no knowledge otherwise? Stfu... Idc what anyone says gods a sick ****. If he is real I'd gladly join Satan in overthrowing him rather than sit in his kingdom... He is a tyrant. I have lost all faith. Why would people follow him? I'd this was any politician we would have raised arms against him by now
barnes

Postby chozai39 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:48 pm

I am following Almighty God, Richard Dawkins, Ali Sina and Taslima Nasreen on Twitter.

So I am following Almighty God. I am not following Satan.

You mean that God is not good person. He is really bad.
You understand God very well.
chozai39

Postby jonatan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:53 pm

God is mighty, He cannot be over thrown. Free will was given so that we might love Him unconditionally and that we may choose to love him genuinely and not go against Him. To hold every bad thing against him is wrong, because it means that you're judging Him based on peoples misuse of free will and other peoples bad decisions. Satan isn't stupid He is the mastermind behind all pain and suffering, Our faith exists so that we may know that no matter what happens in this world, God will provide a sollution because He is omniscient. He is a healer, He is Love and He is the father. The killings of infants and the floods etc that you speak of, they had to happen for people to physically see with their eyes, so that it should be written for us to learn and digest and understand the order of things. If you don't believe in God, that is fine its your decision but don't put him down because if you're right about what you say then thats perfectly fine. But think about this, what if you're wrong?
jonatan

Postby che » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:57 pm

If you exchange "God" with "society", you will get the answer to your question.

People follow their parents, their society and above all their own nature of existence...
che

Postby shayan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:07 pm

Understanding God does not need logic or human intellect, it requires The Holy Spirit to be in action in your life.
I am a Christian and I too have many unanswered questions, but the Word of God says we live by faith not by sight, and so I wait patiently and thrive to be what God says we are to be, so that one day, by God's grace, I wont need to ask , God will make us all see and understand what we humans cannot understand.. For most things we find hard to stomach, its because our human minds cannot comprehend his nature.Its like trying to describe how a car engine works to someone who lived in the 1st century. There are Spiritual laws just as there are laws of Physical world, and many times we don't understand why God said things be done in a certain way because we are not spiritual beings with the ability to reason spiritually!
For example The flood's purpose was to rid the world of the offspring or anyone who carried the genes of the breed of the fallen angels.
Satan is a deciever, a destroyer and a hater of Truth. He cannot overthrow God because God created him. So it would be unwise to follow Satan for Satan is going to be destroyed!
God is no tyrant, he is a loving father, all you have to do is submit to His Way , His way is Jesus!
Please come back to the faith and accept Jesus Christ as your your Lord and Saviour, its never too late. God is a God of mercy
shayan

Postby pyrs63 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:12 pm

it's me luis again, the whole message didn't fit in my previous response

Satan has sown lies into you heart

I've gone through many trials, things that really wounded me and i'm not talking about braking up with my girlfriend and silly things like those, i mean really hurtful things. the day i think i truly repented i was in tears feeling really bad conviction for my sins, i went to the end of my roap and asked god for forgiveness for some of my terrible sins, then i opened my bible on a random page and it said something about god being slow to anger, forgiving, something like that i can't find exacly where i was lead that day. but another time i was still hurting and had shaved my head out of frustration with a razor and some cut in my head, then i asked for forgiveness because i was about to cut again but fist i opened the bible on a random page again on 'Jeremiah CH 47' and it read something about the "boldness of egypt" then shortly after it said "until when will you keep cutting yourself?"
god is there with you, hurting with you, listening to you.
and let me tell you, it says in the bible that the fruit of the spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control, this fruits are showing in my life because even though my life still sucks i now have love, joy, peace, a bit more patience, kindness, goodness, still working on my faithfulness to god but i'm almost there, gentleness and self control.
this joy and peace i feel are weird because i used to feel emptiness, sorrow, pain etc. and before i knew it this things where gone. i just got a new perspective, found joy in knowing that the lord was with me.

God loves you my brother (:
pyrs63

Postby stewart » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:15 pm

You are just so sick about this.
I'm a christian too, most of the people follow god because they know god will help them.
You think that god is sick, but NO. They are trying to wipe away the enemies that are wanting to kill them.
Why think of Osama bin Laden, Barack Obama, Satan.
All of these i.
:P
anyway
Satan is the Devil who tortures every soul whoever is in hell plus you **** have no idea what that means!
The last time i tell you **** i know you don't believe Jesus.
Plus, why share this question to everyone?????
He is no tyrant. He is god. And you don't know what this means.
I would just stop here.
I hope you remember what i wrote.
stewart

Postby marciano74 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:37 pm

Following God is like following Hitler. I refer to god as "Sky Hitler".
marciano74

Postby nesto » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:45 pm

Because God gives the hope of eternal life for the righteous.

See: Acts 13:48, John 17:3, 3:16
nesto

Postby buddey » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:48 pm

God does not condone homosexuality because he did not create this lifestyle. As a matter of fact that is part of the reason Sodom and Gemorrah were destroyed. If you read in the Romans 1:28-32 states 'And just as they did not approve of holding God in accurate knowledge, God gave them up to a disapproved mental state, to do the things not fitting. v.29 filled as they were with all unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, badness, being full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malicious disposition, being whisperers, (30) backbiters, haters of God, insolent, haughty, self-assuming, inventors of injurious things, disobedient to parents (31) without understanding, false to agreements, having no natural affection, merciless. (32) Although these know full well the righteous decree of God, that those practicing such things are deserving of death they not only keep on doing them but also consent with those practicing them.
There is also 1John 5:19 which states 'We know we originate with God but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one.
God did not create these things. He can not lie. We all have a choice to make and either listen or denounce what we are expected to do. Gods logic as our heavenly father is to be obedient to our parents as stated in Ephesians. If we choose not to listen to his voice then we are left up to calamity. The worlds state is what happens when humans fail to realize that we are not able to govern ourselves.
(Also there are many gods there is only one True God) According to Isaiah 45:18 we know "I am Jehovah and there is no one else"
buddey

Next

Return to General Cancer Discussion