Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: How Scientists Used Shrimp to Help Detect Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Why do my testicles go up into my stomach?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby harvey » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:32 pm

mom says when i was a kid they would go up into my stomach and the doctor said to rub my stomach for them to sttle back down but now its doing it again at age 17 and its really worrying me about me having some kind of cancer or having to get surgerey because thats what the doctor said if it continued as i age..please help
harvey

Postby fogarty » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:37 pm

I loled at your photo :D
fogarty

Postby sawyers98 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:44 pm

Maybe you are hungry. Keep you stomach fulled with food and your testicles will not fit into your stomach. LOLed
sawyers98

Postby kenan » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:49 pm

You don't have to worry about cancer.

You should check with the doctor; maybe you don't need surgery. Sounds like as a baby, you had undescended testicles, which is pretty normal/common in babies.

The problem with them going up inside you, and not staying in your scrotum, is that your sperm production is compromised. The reason testicles hang below is to keep them slightly cooler. If they are the same temperature as the rest of your body, you make bad sperm, not enough, etc.

At 17, you probably don't want to get anyone pregnant, but you do want to get the problem sorted soon so that you don't have to worry about infertility or other testicle problems later.
kenan

Postby che » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:52 pm

Stop worrying about cancer. It will only make you sick. Instead, go seek advice from a doctor. He will probably send you to a urologist, and he'll sort you out. It's way better than searching for answers on the Internet (and getting the sort of answers like the first two...)
che

Postby lucila » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:02 pm

They pull up closer to the body when it's cold.
Wear warmer clothing.

I think your medical condition is that the opening through which the testicles descended when you were a baby has remained open (kids planning a career as a sumo wrestler would consider you lucky).
lucila

Postby kestejoo » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:09 pm

You're fine. The testicles will retreat back into your body under cold temperatures, fright, tension, many things really. Disregard the people who are flaming you. By adding all those additional details you are feeding them and they'll stick around.
kestejoo

Return to Stomach Cancer