Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Can Aspirin Reduce Pancreatic Cancer Risk?

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Why did I poop blood?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Why did I poop blood?

Postby owain » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:33 am

So I went to the bathroom and pooped, and there was blood in the toilet. The blood wasn't IN the poop and my poop was solid. My stomach isn't hurting or anything and I feel fine. I read around the internet and I heard it can be from colon cancer and hemroids, which is why I'm really scared. The blood wasn't TOO dark, but it wasn't a light red color for sure. By the way, I'm only 13. And I'm terrified. Any answers will be helpful. Thanks in advance.
owain

Why did I poop blood?

Postby errol » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:40 am

Did you eat BEETS recently? Cause that can dye poop red. If there really was blood in your poop and you don't have your period (blood from your vagina) then you need to tell your parents right now! You need to be looked at by a doctor immediately. This could mean there is bleeding inside of your body. Don't be embarrassed just tell your mother you think you need to see a doctor immediately because you saw blood in your poop.
If the poop was dark but not red then it is probably not blood. Rub a tissue on your vagina area on the toilet and see if there is anymore blood coming out of your vagina...cause it could be just left over period blood. If no blood is there then please tell your mother immediately.
errol

Why did I poop blood?

Postby claud28 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:42 am

Could be anything from an ulcer to hemorrhoids to cancer. Better get it checked out ASAP to rule out cancer or have an ulcer mended.
claud28

Why did I poop blood?

Postby weallere » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:46 am

first off... dont be terrified. you said the blood is light red, not dark.. thats good.. VERY likely you have a small tear or a tiny hemorrhoid, totally natural and really nothing to worry about until or if it becomes really painful or difficult to go because of it.. if you have blood the next few times you poop, check it out.. but likely just a tear..

.. or possibly even your period???
weallere

Why did I poop blood?

Postby konstanz » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:50 am

? think it is better seeing a doctor in person to answer this kind of questions.
konstanz

Why did I poop blood?

Postby sagar » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:51 am

I don't know
sagar

Why did I poop blood?

Postby jerel16 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:59 am

Probably you started your period, lol. Is there blood in your underwear too?
jerel16

Return to Stomach Cancer