Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Stanford Researchers Target Cancer Cell Proliferation

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Why am I suddenly constipated?

Discuss Colorectal cancers

Postby sedgewik » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:33 pm

I have a healthy diet full of fruit, vegetables and wholegrains, I drink at least two litres of water daily and I go running 5x per week. I always used to go 2-3 times per day, now I go maybe 3x per week! The only thing that *might* have changed is that perhaps I am eating a bit less than I used to. Oh, and the weather, it's like 35-40°C where I live most days at the moment. I have taken a natural laxative a couple of times, but I don't want to become dependent...
I don't feel like I have an obstruction, just no urge to use the bathroom (very strange). Also no family history of colon cancer etc, I eat very little red meat and am only 26 (female) so I doubt it is anything truly serious. At what point should I visit a doctor anyway? I don't know of it is relevant but I am 5'7'' and weigh 130lb (about 9 and a half stone I think).
sedgewik

Postby ward » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:34 pm

Um..... you are one healthy person. It would take me years of practice to be this obedient with my diet.

But it's better if you visit your doctor now, as you have a very healthy proper diet, so there shouldn't be a serious reason for this to happen. Anyways, best to be sure, so go to the Doc.

As I helped you now, vote an answer to this question:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=ApAlYLoE6kOpN9f8s7jFGOzty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20110615104321AAdrDQ0
ward

Return to Colon Cancer