Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Why am I pooping blood?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Why am I pooping blood?

Postby custenhin » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:05 am

For the past week I've been having diarrhea with a lot of blood in it. Today it's been mostly gas/and like pooping out pure blood no diarrhea. I went to the doctor and he said I'm most likely fine, and if it persists then I need to go to a gastro doctor. A few days before I felt like this (all the diarrhea), I hadn't been pooping like at all. It was like a tiny bit, and it was mostly bloody mucus (I guess that's what it was). I thought it was just an irritation/stomach bug but it's gotten worse and I'm getting worried. Has anyone had this before? Did you ever find out what it was? Is it dangerous? I'm only 16 so it's probably not colon cancer, but I'm still scared.
custenhin

Why am I pooping blood?

Postby lee21 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:07 am

For the past week I've been having diarrhea with a lot of blood in it. Today it's been mostly gas/and like pooping out pure blood no diarrhea. I went to the doctor and he said I'm most likely fine, and if it persists then I need to go to a gastro doctor. A few days before I felt like this (all the diarrhea), I hadn't been pooping like at all. It was like a tiny bit, and it was mostly bloody mucus (I guess that's what it was). I thought it was just an irritation/stomach bug but it's gotten worse and I'm getting worried. Has anyone had this before? Did you ever find out what it was? Is it dangerous? I'm only 16 so it's probably not colon cancer, but I'm still scared.
Go to the ER.
lee21

Why am I pooping blood?

Postby lothar88 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:17 am

It could be due to constipation, hemorrhoids or internal bleeding. Since you say you haven't been "pooping", it could be due to constipation.
lothar88

Why am I pooping blood?

Postby pyrs63 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:30 am

See another doctor ASAP! With that rate of blood flow it could mean some form of internal bleeding.
pyrs63

Why am I pooping blood?

Postby aeccestane » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:40 am

If you poop blood, you HAVE to see a doctor.
aeccestane

Why am I pooping blood?

Postby gunn » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:09 am

It does sound like food poisoning or a stomach/intestinal flu, but since it's been going on for a week, I would be concerned enough to consult with a second doctor, maybe the gastro doctor. Stomach bugs don't usually last more than one to two days.
gunn

Return to Stomach Cancer