Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Who Discovered Pancreatic Cancer?

Pancreatic Cancer Discussions

Postby Meridith » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:37 am

i've been assigned a project where i have to do research on Pancreatic Cancer. I've searched many sites for the discoverer of this cancer, but i can't seem to find it. could someone please tell me and give me a link to it, to use in the bibliography? thanks.
Meridith

Postby Cillian » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:41 am

We say some diseases are "discovered" by individuals because they have recognised a combination of symptoms, physical signs and an outcome or prognosis as related (ie they "put it all together") where no one has clicked to this before.

This has mainly happened for rare diseases (common ones have been understood for a long time by many people) and in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries (because of increasing knowledge of medicine and increasing population -- more people have the rare disease).

Pancreatic cancer often causes jaundice. This is yellow skin and is an obvious sign. Ancient physicians in Egypt, Greece, China, etc. would have recognised this and linked it with a poor outcome. However, there is no record that they understood it was due to a tumour deep inside the abdomen, specifically the pancreas. So they had a partial grasp of the disease.

It was only when examining dead bodies was acceptable culturally did people find these tumours. One of the early "pathologists", but not necessarily the first, to find these tumours was Giovanni Battista Morgagni (1682-1771).

So, in answer to your question, no single person discovered pancreatic cancer.
Cillian

Postby daithm » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:42 am

Forget anything you have ever been told about Diabetes. And get this - it has nothing to do with insulin, exercise, diet or anything else you've heard in the past. It's all based on latest breakthrough research that Big Pharma is going Stir Crazy to hide from you. Visit here : https://tinyurl.im/aH1tg to find out what all the fuss is about.
daithm

Postby AndreBenjamin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:57 am

This secret set the medical world on fire!

A 102 year old doctor exposes the myths regarding the real cause of diseases...

And shows you a simple thing you can do right now in your home...that will bulletproof you against life-debilitating illnesses: including heart attack, Cancer, Diabetes, Alzheimer's and MORE...

Click Here Before The Video Gets Taken Down - http://reversediseasetoday.info/Big-Secrets-x4071s.html

If Big Pharma gets wind of this, they'll send their lawyers to try to take down the site.

This simple thing doesn't cost you a single cent, and it will destroy Big Pharma's business of selling drugs.

Click Here Before Big Pharma Ban This Video - http://reversediseasetoday.info/Big-Secrets-x4071s.html

God Bless,

Ken

P/s: More than 20,392 people have already watched the video...and I'm receiving tens of emails everyday telling me how they are reversing their chronic conditions...in less than 72 hours!
AndreBenjamin

Return to Pancreatic Cancer