Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Where can I get a free pelvic exam?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Postby montae » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:10 am

I live in central Ohio. I had hpv at 15 with cancerous cells and had to get my uterus frozen to get rid of them. I had my 2nd daughter 4 yrs ago and thats the last time i had an exam. Im on 5 yr birth control and havent had a period in 4 yrs. I looked up signs for cervical cancer and i have them. I know it could be something else too but i just want to get it checked out to be safe. I dont have any insurance or the money to pay for a doctor! what do i do?
montae

Postby jackson » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:15 am

Planned parenthood?
jackson

Postby jackson » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:31 pm

If you had cancerous cells it means you already had cancer, but they would not freeze your uterus for it.
You can get a low cost pap smear through Planned Parenthood.
jackson

Postby rosiyn56 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:07 am

Your local health department should have options for you to receive free or low cost health care coverage. Contact them and ask.
You may also have doctors in your area who offer free or low cost health care to low income people. Some large churches will also have vouchers available for people who need medical treatment.
rosiyn56

Postby bailefour » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:20 pm

Planned Parenthood can help but other clinics may be available to help you. They may also provide information if you do have abnormal cell changes again or other health issues.

I wish you well.

All states are making cervical cancer screening more available to medically underserved women through the National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (NBCCEDP). This program provides breast and cervical cancer screening to women without health insurance for free or at very little cost. The NBCCEDP attempts to reach as many women in medically underserved communities as possible, including older women, women without health insurance and women who are members of racial and ethnic minorities.
Each state’s Department of Health will have information on how to contact the nearest program participant. For more information on this program, you can also contact the CDC at 1-800-CDC-INFO (1-800-232-4636) or on the Web at www.cdc.gov/cancer/nbccedp.
http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/nbccedp/
bailefour

Postby richardgere69 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:57 pm

I live in central Ohio. I had hpv at 15 with cancerous cells and had to get my uterus frozen to get rid of them. I had my 2nd daughter 4 yrs ago and thats the last time i had an exam. Im on 5 yr birth control and havent had a period in 4 yrs. I looked up signs for cervical cancer and i have them. I know it could be something else too but i just want to get it checked out to be safe. I dont have any insurance or the money to pay for a doctor! what do i do?
richardgere69

Return to Cervical Cancer