Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Can Aspirin Reduce Pancreatic Cancer Risk?

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Whats wrong with me? Pooping blood!?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby rhys45 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:16 pm

The last two times ive used the bathroom blood comes out. Not like a stream, but still a lot. What does this mean? do i have a stomach ulcer? What should i do? Is there something that i can take that helps solve this? any food i could eat? and medicine?
rhys45

Postby haraford » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:19 pm

This is not a stomach ulcer. Red blood coming out when you poop looks scary as hell but is usually nothing serious.

When blood comes out of your stomach, it turns completely black from the digestive process LONG before it reaches your anus. Blood from an ulcer makes your poop black and it looks sort of like tar. It is NOT dark red, it's completely black.

So, any red you see is NOT from your stomach, or from your small intestine. Most likely, it's an anal fissure or hemorrhoid. If you had any constipation, hard stools or painful bowel movements recently, it's probably the 'rhoid or fissure.

If it is a hemorrhoid or fissure, drink lots of water and eat lots of fiber.
haraford

Postby brodrik » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:20 pm

Sounds like you have Hemorrhoids. You can soak in a moderately hot sitz bath, or bathtub, or apply hot compresses to them. Increase the fruit and fiber in your diet and try not to be constipated. This is harder than it sounds...as I have been dealing with the same problem for the past 35 years. Fruit helps..alot.
brodrik

Postby blayke » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:28 pm

Got to the doctors, wash your hands well and don't prepare food for other people. You may have an infection. You need to get it treated immediately.
blayke

Return to Stomach Cancer