Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Can Aspirin Reduce Pancreatic Cancer Risk?

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Whats the least acidic beverages you can drink? I had stomach ulcers so i want to drink carefully tonight.?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Whats the least acidic beverages you can drink? I had stomach ulcers so i want to drink carefully tonight.?

Postby farrel » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:28 am

I got out of the hospital 2 weeks ago, even though the doctor specifically told me alcohol has nothing to do with the stomach ulcers and said i continue my regular lifestyle, i have taken it upon myself not to drink since i got out. But tonight im going out with some friends and was wondering what drinks are low in acid? I figured no orange, juice, lime, or lemons, or coke, so that leaves me with white russians? milk has no acid right?
farrel

Postby albrecht » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:38 am

Probably the least acidic and safest alcoholic drink is a low gravity cask-conditioned Real Ale. Some are as low as 2.7%abv.
albrecht

Postby clifford » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:53 am

you are right about the white russians
my sister has ulcers and she drinks cap morgan daily almost and has pain a lot
but she drinks large amounts
anyways ... milk based drink
but dont forget strawberries are ver acidic as well so stay away from some fruits

at this site someone says whiskey
http://www.chacha.com/question/what-kind-of-alcohol-is-the-least-acidic

my pseronal answer would be to stick with light liquor. they are usually lower in calories especially if u have an all white drink a liquor mixed with water for ex
clifford

Return to Stomach Cancer