Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

What would cause breast pains when I'm not having PMS and I'm not pregnant?

Cancer Prevention discussion, cancer prevention diets, environmental causes of Cancer and more.

Postby izyan » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:16 am

I'm way too young for breast cancer, so that's not a worry. It's not like a super sharp pain, just like tenderness like what's normal with PMS, but this is all the time. It's hard to get an appointment with my doctor because she's popular, and this isn't enough of a worry for an emergency appointment. I'm just wondering what could be causing this? It's mainly just in the left breast.
izyan

Postby eanraig » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:17 am

I'm way too young for breast cancer, so that's not a worry. It's not like a super sharp pain, just like tenderness like what's normal with PMS, but this is all the time. It's hard to get an appointment with my doctor because she's popular, and this isn't enough of a worry for an emergency appointment. I'm just wondering what could be causing this? It's mainly just in the left breast.
It means your breast are growing its odd but its true they grow until you become pregnant so yeah they are growing
eanraig

Postby jago51 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:38 am

Have you ever been hit in that breast? Sometimes being hit can cause sensitivity or lingering pain. If you swim a lot, salt water can also cause pain.

To see if its from being hit, first take a look in the mirror. If there is a bruise on your breast, that could be a sign that a injury is causing the pain. If there is no visual sign, gently push on your breast with two or three fingers. Start on the edges and go around pushing on your breast until you are at the nipple. If any where you pushed hurt, you probably got hit.

It could also be from wearing to small of a bra. Get measured to see if you are wearing the right bra size for you.

-Kim.
jago51

Postby baeddan » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:40 am

if you are under 24 yrs old your breasts could still be growing

It's true that usually breasts only grow 2-3 years after your period comes in. But, occasionally, here and there is a woman or girl who has some breast growth even after that time. There have even been several women, 20 to 25 years old, write in to our site who have experienced some breast growth all of a sudden at their age

The whole process from the breast bud stage till the pubertal development is over usually takes about 3-5 years, but for some girls it may take close to 10 years.

During breast growth, you may experience some pain and hurt or tenderness in your breasts. That is normal. Also, the skin may be itching, which is a sign that the skin is stretching.

http://www.007b.com/breast_development.php
baeddan

Postby jamon20 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:53 am

They're just growing so yay
jamon20

Return to Cancer Prevention