Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

What would cause a person to get mentally confused all the time?

Learn about Thyroid Cancer

Postby abiah » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:03 pm

like not understanding who they are and the world around them? only at time this happens. Dont understand!! get dizzy too at times also and cant think stright.please no mean comments thanks :( really sad feels like im losing my mind.
abiah

Postby claudius » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:04 pm

This could be a combination of things, but low blood sugar would be my first guess and that is due to Adrenal fatigue many times. Since the Adrenal glands are part of the pituitary axis, any of the organs in that axis may be insufficient and since they all get sick together, you could have problems with your ovaries (especially if you take birth control pills), your thyroid, or pituitary glands.

Eating too many carbs and sugars can cause this problem. The fact you get dizzy is a strong indication of weak adrenals that help you to keep good blood pressure. Eating too many carbs and sugars can increase Candida growth and cause you not to sanitize your food well as a result of low hydrochloric acid production & utilization. This could allow parasites to get into your body and especially liver flukes. These flukes can cause "Brain fog" from their excrement. Many people are diagnosed with Alzheimer's that is just liver flukes.

Eating a diet low in fat, high sugar & carbs, low to moderate protein will create many of these problems. I strongly suggest you get advice from a Nutritional Therapist, not a doctor, because doctors have no clue about what good nutrition is.

EDIT: "Mick" One weekend you can learn QRA? Sir you are very misinformed and obviously have no idea what you are talking about. In fact, there is a medical device now created that integrates the biofield testing that verifies the accuracy of this methodology along with thousands of patients that have been greatly helped by this technology. Typically it takes about 1 year to perfect the QRA technique and then several years of study to fully integrate it into a practice.

A nutritional therapist is far more qualified than a dietitian that takes their instructions from a doctor. All one has to do is look at the hospital food to know the credibility of a dietitian. Nutritional therapists are qualified to test, evaluate, and recommend diets and supplements. There is an interaction between doctors and nutritional therapists all the time to help patients actually get well instead of just "Relieving symptoms and managing diseases." Adrenal fatigue is not something medical science recognizes as legitimate? What basis, proof, of that can you provide? So, because medical science does not recognize (according to you) adrenal fatigue, it is not something that happens?

You need to free yourself from the lies you believe. I think you need to revisit the definition of a quack. In July 2004, Gary Null Ph.D, Carolyn Dean M.D., N.D, Martin Feldman M.D., Debora Rasio M.D., Dorothy Smith Ph.D. wrote a paper that revealed very disturbing facts regarding an annual iatrogenic (induced inadvertently by a physician or surgeon or by medical treatment or diagnostic procedures) death rate of 783,936 in one year. It is further disturbing to realize that as few as 5 percent and only up to 20 percent of iatrogenic acts are ever reported. This means that that iatrogenic death rate of 783,936 is much higher.

As we look at the causes of death from degenerative diseases and other causes in America in 2004, it is obvious we are not good at solving this problem on any level. Deaths from: Heart Disease 652,000, Cancer 553,000, and Stroke 150,000.

When comparing the iatrogenic acts of modern medicine in America with the statistical numbers of people dying of any particular disease, it is evident that the American medical system is the leading cause of death and injury in the United States. And when we look at the cost of these iatrogenic deaths, the cost is in the billions.

A definitive review and close reading of medical peer-review journals, and government health statistics shows that American medicine frequently causes more harm than good. The number of people having in-hospital, adverse drug reactions (ADR) to prescribed medicine is 2.2 million. Dr. Richard Besser, of the CDC, in 1995, said the number of unnecessary antibiotics prescribed annually for viral infections was 20 million. Dr. Besser, in 2003, now refers to tens of millions of unnecessary antibiotics. The number of unnecessary medical and surgical procedures performed annually is 7.5 million. The number of people exposed to unnecessary hospitalization annually is 8.9 million.

good luck to you
claudius

Postby cedric52 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:13 pm

If you're taking medications, ask your PHARMACIST, not your doctor, if these symptoms are side effects of the medication, or some combination of those mediations. If that's the issue, see if you can get the offending medication changed or discontinued.

Of course, if you're drinking or using recreational drugs, either cut it down or quit. I somehow don't think that's the problem, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

If you're not, how's your blood pressure? That could be a sign of low blood pressure. It could also be high blood pressure. Or, it could be low blood sugar, or it could be very high blood sugar.

Or, it could be an alergy to something - possibly something you've never been allergic to before.

Or, it could be some form of dementia, such as Alzheimers, but that sort of thing should be considered only after everything else has been considered.
cedric52

Postby cong-min » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:20 pm

(Answered with some reference to the first answer)

I strongly advise you to see a real doctor, not a Nutritional Therapist. A Nutritional Therapist is not the same as a dietitian - by all means, go see a dietitian if you feel your diet is imbalanced. A nutritional therapist basically buys the qualification, a dietitian earns it. Big difference.
I am not about to try to give any form of diagnosis via Yahoo Answers as there is simply nowhere near enough information to even begin forming an opinion.

Keep a diary of when you feel fuzzy and try to describe any events leading up to it - did you eat a banana? Is it more common in the evening? That sort of stuff.

Adrenal Fatigue is NOT a recognised medical term - it's hocus pocus used by alternative medicine people. Ask any real doctor and he'll look at you in funny way. Eating too many carbs and sugars will make you fat, not awash with Candida and suddenly make you stop 'sanitizing' your food...weird.

Anyway, I'm stressing that you avoid alternative 'medicine' quacks and see a real medical doctor because of your confused state. Do not get suckered in by these people.

Here's what I found about Quantum Reflex Analysis (TM) on one of their own websites. It basically says you can learn what it's all about and cure people with 1000% more efficacy after ONE WEEKEND. Why, pray, do GP's study for years and years before qualifying and continue to do so for their working lives - when they could do anything in a weekend???

"In just one weekend seminar, you will be ready to apply these breakthrough QRA[TM] techniques in your practice on Monday morning--even with your toughest cases! No machines or complex computer programs. Just bring yourself and your curiosity: this method can be easily learned in one weekend."

Again, steer clear and see your GP.
cong-min

Postby aoidh » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:33 pm

could be so many things, really a dr is the only one who can answer you... but low blood sugar, or is there a chance you have suffered a concussion? post concussion syndrome can last up to a year, and also may fit for you.
aoidh

Return to Thyroid Cancer