Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

What Type Of Experiences Will Someone Dying Of Cancer Go Through?

Discuss Prostate Cancer

Postby Adriyel » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:28 am

I have stage 4 colon cancer which spread aggressively to my liver and lungs, so yes, it's terminal. but I'm not dying from cancer. I'm living with cancer. it takes about a year to just get to that point. cancer destroys everything in your life and the emotional aspects of having cancer are horrendous . next hositals typically administer chemotherapy or radiation or surgery. the side effects from the chemo can range from being nauseous to total and complete exhaustion to nerve pain, and any other kind of ailment you can imagine since chemo works by ttrying to kill the cancer cells, but actually kills a white blood cells and other defense mechanisms, so chemo patients are at a very high risk of developing infections. the cancer, if it is in an advanced state sucks the life out of a person. literally, and the pain can be horrendous depending on where it is. fear is continually present. it's hard not to dwell on how bad things are going to get
Adriyel

Postby Cinwell » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:37 am

Anger, denial, frustration, panic at the news.
Then with treatment comes the side effects of possible nausea, pain, needle sticks.
By the later stages they stay doped up to avoid pain.
Cinwell

Return to Prostate Cancer