Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

What Should I Do To Ensure My Father, Diagnosed With Lung Cancer, Gets The Best Treatment Possible?

Mesothelioma causes, treatment and diagnosis discussion

What Should I Do To Ensure My Father, Diagnosed With Lung Cancer, Gets The Best Treatment Possible?

Postby Hernan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:16 pm

If you can, I would take him to MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Or Cancer Treatment Centers of America. Can you get him on state insurance. He should be able to qualify. Different states have different requirements. The state that I live in, you can get state coverage, depending on income and assets on a sliding scale. You also need to talk to a lawyer who is familiar with asbestosis cases. Find one that is does medical cases. You must get his medical records from where he worked.
Including Pulmonary Function Tests and Chest x-rays. Was he monitored for exposure, did he wear a respirator? What were the conditions where he worked and what did he work on? Sit down with him and write a good history and timeline of when he started to work, what he was working on, how many hours per week. There should have been air monitoring in his workplace done by industrial hygiene or an outside concern. Also, there should have been safety measures in place. IE, 'no eating, drinking, or smoking' in the work areas. Don't let this go. He needs your help.
Hernan

Postby dennis » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:23 pm

You should ask him if this is something he wants you to do.

Does he have lung cancer or mesothelioma?

I may be worker?s comp in which case it is unlikely he does not have insurance unless he was self employed.

He should apply for Medicaid and be treated at a teaching facility.
dennis

Postby Stoddard » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:25 pm

Sorry to hear about your father. You can try looking into the cancer treatment centers of america, I have heard they are the best but that is by word. He should be able to get insurance if he has that. I'm not sure how Texas is. Ask around I'm sure there is someone that can help.
But if you are in Texas I would try the one I told you about I don't think they charge if you have cancer they have them in many places. I wish you the best of luck and hope you find something. And I will pray for you.
Stoddard

Return to Mesothelioma Forum