Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Can Aspirin Reduce Pancreatic Cancer Risk?

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

What kind of doctor diagnosis Lymphoma?

Discuss Lymphoma, Hodgkins Lymphoma, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma

Postby sampson12 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:35 am

I have some of the symptoms that point to Lymphoma and wondering what kind of doctor I should see? What type of doctor treats Lymphoma?
sampson12

Postby adamko » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:36 am

Firstly, you need to see your primary care doctor. They will be the best people to run some initial tests. They will most probably do some blood tests initially to exclude infections as the problem. They may then order a biopsy. Depending on the results of the tests then they will refer you onto either a hematologist or an oncologist. Either of these will be able to help treat it if it is lymphoma.

The symptoms of lymphoma are quite general though, so don't jump to conclusions just yet, They can be caused by a number of other problems too.

I hope everything comes back clear for you. All the very best
adamko

Postby peppino » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:50 am

You should see your regular doctor first, and if they agree that you have signs of lymphoma, they'll either schedule you for a biopsy or they'll refer you to an oncologist (or both).
peppino

Postby cleon » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:53 am

An onocologist.
cleon

Return to Lymphoma