Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

What is this bump on my wrist?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby all » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:32 pm

What is this red bump on my skin? It dosnt hurt or anything. When it first popped up, it was just a lump, same color as my skin. I scratched it a little, not thinking much of it, and the top layer of skin kinda peeled off and now it is red. I have had it for a while now, maybe 3 weeks or a month. Its not skin cancer is it? http://www.flickr.com/photos/69229306@N07/6295109005/
all

Postby landers » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:38 pm

could be skin cancer :/ my grandad had something similar and his was cancer but if you get it cut out early that will get rid of it
landers

Postby corey » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:48 pm

It could be a simple thing like a ganglion I have had one and they cause no problem and they do go away I cannot get your photo to show on my pc so I cannot say for sure its just a thought
corey

Postby sedgewik » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:57 pm

Skin cancer can be linked genetically as well as lifestyle wise. If skin cancer runs in your family then more than likely if your lifestyle involves anything that can increase this chance then possibilities it could be cancer. BUT, it can even be a cyst.My boyfriend had one right behind his neck and never really paid attention to it, but once we mentioned it to him it started bothering him and it turned out to be a cyst. I'd go see a doctor/dermatologist ASAP since you've had it that long. Better to be safe than sorry.
sedgewik

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer