Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

What is the treatment for chemical burns of the mouth from teeth whitener, main ingredient Carbamide Peroxide?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

What is the treatment for chemical burns of the mouth from teeth whitener, main ingredient Carbamide Peroxide?

Postby all » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:03 pm

I have chemical burns of my mouth from carbamide peroxide & hydrogen peroxide (the 2 main ingredients in the teeth whitener). I am in severe burning pain on the tongue, lips, throat, roof of mouth, gums and extremely sensitive teeth. Ulcers, blisters, skin sloughing off, redness in my mouth. Has anyone had this happen to them and how long does it take for your mouth to heal and does it go back to normal, it's been five weeks for me and no improvement. I would like to know what can you take or put in your mouth to help heal the burns in the mouth. Any help would be much appreciated as the pain is unbearable and I'm worried about the long term side effects. I have read some horrible stories about teeth whitener, one being it causes cancer and releases mercury from amalgamated fillings into your system from the teeth whitener and kills the tissues and cells in your mouth. I actually was poisoned from the teeth whitener, they are dangerous and unsafe, I didn't know this, was told it was safe and no side effects.
all

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer