Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

What Is The Prognosis Of Someone With Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer With Ascites?

Pancreatic Cancer Discussions

What Is The Prognosis Of Someone With Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer With Ascites?

Postby Cianan » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:30 am

Patients diagnosed with pancreatic cancer typically have a very poor prognosis partly because the cancer usually causes no symptoms early on, leading to locally advanced or metastatic disease at time of diagnosis.

Median survival from diagnosis is around 3 to 6 months; 5-year survival is less than 5%.

In fact it is called as silent killer due to know symptoms in early stage which makes clinical doubt and diagnosis difficult.

Read more in--- http://healthcarendiet.com/2009/09/14/pa...
Cianan

Postby garet » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:32 am

Unfortunately it is bad. Pancreatic cancer is a bad prognosis cancer to start with. Chemotherapy can do little to help. If it is advanced with metastasis then obviously prognosis is very serious.
garet

Postby cacey » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:35 am

Median survival is 2-6 months.
cacey

Postby Percy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:37 am

Im sorry, my father in law died within 3 months of receiving the same diagnosis.
Percy

Postby Barrington » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:38 am

hi, i for my section experience for you, My mum died from Pancreatic maximum cancers, regrettably she had it extremely a at the same time as apperantley. looks like your Grandma might have threat, medical information is getting extra beneficial sensible each and each and each and all of the time. I hugged my mum on a regular basis and pronounced her I enjoyed her, and nursed her on the ideal . yet maximum severe i ought to constantly make her giggle, and thats the respond incredibly, save smiling how ever you experience, and in my mums very final words " be satisfied". My suggestions are with you.
Barrington

Postby Farryl » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:47 am

Ascites is really nothing compared to the pancreatic cancer part.
That's the worst cancer to get.
It has the lowest survival rate of any cancer.
Especially since it has metastasized.
Unfortunately it's not good.
Farryl

Return to Pancreatic Cancer