Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

What Is A Good Handmade Gift For My Mom Who Is Going Threw The After Math Of Thyroid/throat Cancer?

Learn about Thyroid Cancer

What Is A Good Handmade Gift For My Mom Who Is Going Threw The After Math Of Thyroid/throat Cancer?

Postby Wendlesora » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:42 am

my mom had surgery to remove thyroid cancer and is now going threw radiation to kill any missed cells.
she has no voice left and her mouth is burnt.
she had to have part of her voice box and all of her thyroid removed, along with her lymph nodes.
she lives far from me and i want to make her something special for Christmas, I have no ideas and no money because of my own illness this past year and loss of job.
Can I hear some ideas on handmade gifts that she may like please?
Wendlesora

Postby Kelven » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:49 am

a scrap book is good

or a quilt with all of your family pictures on it.....
Kelven

Postby Enam » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:02 am

Do you have a picture of yourself, and you could make a homemade frame, or decorate one that you have around the house. Mothers love that! and, I think your mother would after what she has been through. Sorry for your tough year.
Enam

Postby Emek » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:08 am

make picture frame of your families, sure mum will surprise.
Emek

Postby Elric » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:17 am

If you have any pretty fabric that you don't need, you can cover an a4 piece of card with it and make a note book or journal.

Just get a bunch of a4 unlined paper and fold that in half too and tie it with string or strong ribbon to the cover.

That way, she can write in it when she wants to say something and she can put all her thoughts down.

Make sure the fabric is soft and find a good pen that she doesn't have to apply a lot of pressure on to write with.

People pay a lot of money for journals like that; for example, sari journals.

You could even put some photographs of people and things in the first few pages of it so she can look at them if she ever has to stay away from home again.

Merry Christmas to you and her. :)
Elric

Postby Braeden » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:24 am

knit her a hat.
Braeden

Return to Thyroid Cancer