Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Obesity Breast Cancer Linked Confirmed

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

What does throwing up blood mean?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby gwyr » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:33 pm

Im 17 & female
i had an arachnoid cyst on my spinal cord which was 7 inches long 2 inches thick.
i had surgery a year and a half ago & im still recovering from chronic pain and posttramatic stress disorder , anxiety and depression

i threw up blood a couple of days ago & it was 100% blood.

i dont know what it could be because i never feel good and im starting to think the pain is caused by something else
maybe cancer?

im freaking out because i have had so many problems and been on way too many medications i think maybe i have stomach cancer from all the pills i was on or from something else

what could it be ?
gwyr

Postby blackburn » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:35 pm

it means
go to the hospital!
blackburn

Postby kilian » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:46 pm

It could be a bleeding ulcer. Get yourself to the emergency room - you could be bleeding internally, and that is probably the reason you are tired. Don't assume it's cancer, and DON'T wait for a neurological appointment - one has nothing to do with the other.
kilian

Postby jamieson » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:53 pm

It could be a bleeding ulcer. Get yourself to the emergency room - you could be bleeding internally, and that is probably the reason you are tired. Don't assume it's cancer, and DON'T wait for a neurological appointment - one has nothing to do with the other.
This is no place for medical advice and anyone worth listening to about such advice wouldn't give it on here. Get your butt to a doctor asap!
jamieson

Postby dartagnan » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:05 pm

If it hasn't happened since then Doctor visit, if it happens again Hosptial ASAP
dartagnan

Postby angvariationutoke13 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:10 pm

my friend had that he threw up blood and it turns out its lung cancer :[
angvariationutoke13

Postby don34 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:12 pm

I have had internal bleeding for 7 years--so severe at times that I needed transfusions. I had every diagnostic test and procedure known to man, and the source of the bleeding was not found. In fact, the stool specimens have clearly indicated that the bleeding emanated from one source.

However, things were different last November: I threw up blood for the first time and had severe epigastric pain. Vomited for 10 hours before calling 911.

This time the tests pointed to a hemorrhage in my esophagus. It was and is a medical emergency. But I was stubborn and for that stubbornness I could have paid with my life.
The symptoms you list are very nearly the same as I experienced--months before the bleed.They also resemble a condition known as gastroparesis..

Please get yourself to an MD--a Gi would be the most knowledgeable. And if bleeding resumes, call 911 and go
.Bless you! AK
don34

Return to Stomach Cancer