Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: United Kingdom Seeing Increase in Skin Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

What does seeing a white owl signify?

Cancer Prevention discussion, cancer prevention diets, environmental causes of Cancer and more.

Postby dawayne » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:57 am

A few nights ago, a pure white owl flew down about 20 feet in front of me as I was walking home, and flew back up and landed on the roof of my house. I had never seen an owl before in my life in person. Ever since then I can't really get it off my mind and feel like it means something. It landed on my roof with it's back to me, and just stayed there. I made noises to see if it would move, but it didn't even flinch.
I'm 16 years old, I was thinking about some things that it might be tying into;
My grandma is days away from dying of Cancer in my house, I thought it might have something to do with that
I also believe I'm pregnant, if so about a month along, but I'm not sure yet.
I'm really curious about this owl, does anyone have any information they could share with me?
dawayne

Postby donalt » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:59 am

it means it was night and there was an owl flying around...nothing more.

but for fun, here's a link with a lot of info about owls in mythology http://www.pauldfrost.co.uk/intro_o2.html
donalt

Postby lynd » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:03 am

Some people believe that they are spirits,(of loved ones who have passed on), watching over you. I would take the most positive belief and go with that one. You have a choice in the matter.
lynd

Postby stevie » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:21 am

By the old stories, it means that someone is going to die in your house.

On the lighter side, if you get a hankering to smoke cigars, you know the brand.
stevie

Postby clerc53 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:24 am

It means someones gonna die
clerc53

Postby coch » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:33 am

Seeing a white owl in India mythology is a very good omen. I doubt you will believe this but in our mythology the Goddess of Wealth rides on the white owl and hence seeing one signifies that you will have wealth and prosperity in your home. Hope this comes true and God bless. Hope your grandma is doing well.
coch

Postby brothaigh48 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:36 am

It means - its an owl.
brothaigh48

Postby myung-dae » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:40 am

You know I've heard that owls signify extraterestrial. ET lol, my ex girlfriend told be about it. when she was little, she would sleep with her window open and there would be an owl that would visit her. Dead serious, there would be an owl outside her window hooting and making owl noises. She never thought on it much and actualy enjoyed it.. she has always been an animal person and loves every creature on this earth. So anyway, she did a little reaserch on owls when she got older.
Its crazy, one of my earliest memories is this reocuring nightmare I used to have. I was probobly 4 maybe 5 and I remeber being terified of owls. In my deam there was a giant owl with big yellow eyes that swoop down and grab me. I wake up and that's it. I remember me having it almost every night...
If anything, an owl wouldn't signify death. At least I strongly believe it wouldn't. Especialy a white owl.
myung-dae

Return to Cancer Prevention