Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

What does it mean when I have black stool?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby werner » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:01 am

I had some diharrea and stomach pains late last week and it went away after about 2 days. Now 3 days later i have somewhat diharrea and stomach cramps but now my stool is black. I've been reading other things about what this could mean and I'm really scared and scared to go to the doctor. I did take a lot of pepto bismol while i had it last friday could that be the reason why? Could it be an ulcer because I've been under a lot of stress the past 2-3 months more than I ever had in my entire life. Am I going to die? Please help..
PS im only 18
werner

Postby vogel » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:05 am

It could be an ulcer, the dark stools can be because of blood in your intestines or it can be that you're on iron supplements, if you're not taking iron then it could be blood, the best thing to do is to go see a gastroenterologist to check you out.
vogel

Postby corley39 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:08 am

Black stools are a sign of blood from higher up in the digestive system. But you have been taking
Pepto Bismol. The colour is due to the bismuth in this medication. Try drinking lots of water and having more roughage in your diet such as bran, porridge, raw carrots. Don't be scared of seeing a doctor, he is there to help. Ulcers are caused by stress but cured by milk of magnesia and an antibiotic to knock out the bacteria that thrive in the ulcer which are usually Campylobacter
pylori......And if you have been knocking back the alcohol please stop for a while.
corley39

Postby prince » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:13 am

Don't see a doc because they.

don't know what they are talking about

don't intimately know about human diseases

can't give you the right medicine

won't give you the right treatment because you'll sue

WAIT, that's us, SEE A DOCTOR IDIOT
prince

Postby willamar » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:16 am

dont play around with ypur health,id see the doctor if i were you,blood in the stool means your bleeding internallyif left unchecked you could wind up in worse condition than you started with,go see your octor asap.
willamar

Postby cidro » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:21 am

Pepto will turn your stool black. If you have been taking it for a while that is most likely the culprit. Stop taking it for a bit and watch. If it continues for a long time then you should see your Dr. If it is something serous due to your age I would say it most likely would be only an ulcer. While an ulcer is and can be serious it's not fatal. Are you gonna die? Yes, someday you will die. We all are going to, it is an inescapable fact of life. Are you gonna die from this? Probably not.
cidro

Postby danvin39 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:24 am

Did you take pepto bismol?
Black stool is a side effect of many anti-diharrea medications. So if you took any thats why. Its fine, you won't die.

And ulcers are not caused by stress. That is a myth. Ulcers are caused by viruses or bacteria. Even so a stomach ulcer would have no visual affect on feces.

-Connor
danvin39

Postby richardo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:31 am

you got cancer , see a doctor asap
richardo

Postby mansfield » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:39 am

It was the pepto bismol. Yeah, I know, it can be scary, so I've switched to taking the generic imodium pills.
mansfield

Return to Stomach Cancer