Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

What does it mean when after walking, my head hurts and it feels like my brain is pulsating?

Anything relating to brain tumors symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

What does it mean when after walking, my head hurts and it feels like my brain is pulsating?

Postby honani » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:16 am

During and after physical activities, primarily walking, I've noticed that my brain makes sizzling sounds and it sounds as if there's fizzy soda in my head. Afterward, or while relaxing, it'd feel like a lightly throbbing headache and like I cannot turn my head. What could this mean? I'm so scared that its a tumor, anuerysm or a stroke in the making! Help!
honani

Postby danforth88 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:21 am

I used to notice a pulsating feeling in my head when I had walked too much or too fast. It was a sign I needed to slow down. I think you might be out of shape physically and need to "beef up" more gradually. However, if that's not the case, you need to ask your doctor. I don't think you need to worry about a tumor or other dreadful things.
danforth88

Postby danforth88 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:23 am

it means your neck muscles tightened up and are restricting the blood leaving your head so it's backed up in your head to cause the throbbing you feel. Freeing up your neck muscles releases the tight ones doing this and here's how to free them up:
Neck:
Place your hands behind your head so your fingers meet in the middle of your neck. Press into the neck with a moderate pressure and hold. After 30 seconds slowly lower your head as far as you can, then remove the pressure from the muscles but continue holding your head down for another 30 seconds.
For best results relax your body first by taking a deep breath and exhaling then remain this relaxed.
danforth88

Return to Brain Tumors