Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

What does a cyst on the tonsil look like/feel like?

Discuss Lymphoma, Hodgkins Lymphoma, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma

Postby lynd » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:21 am

All of these problems started in last year when i had a persistent swollen lymph node on the left side of my neck wouldn't go away, it got bigger so it was taken out and tested for lymphoma (it was negative) the next year i had several more large lymph nodes pop up in the left side of my neck, they are not going away with treatment and have been there for a while. I went to a different ENT for a second opinion and he said that the tonsils are not working properly and they are filtering into my neck and causing these persistent swollen lymph nodes and that if i get my tonsils taken out it will help solve the problem. I also have extremely bad sore throats when i first wake up that ease up within an hour every morning, and tonsil stones. I saw this ENT a few months ago. Now on to my question, I was having more frequent sore throats that seem to be hurting on my left tonsil, i looked back there with a flashlight and saw a kind of large white lump protruding from the bottom/back of my left tonsil. It does not look like a tonsil stone at all. I am scheduled for my pre op appointment with an ENT after i finish with my summer school college courses.
I know that this is not the place for medical questions but i was just wondering before i have my appointment
I was wondering if anyone has had a tonsil cyst and what it looked like/what it felt like?
lynd

Postby paegastun » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:27 am

Hi,It sounds like a cyst to me. a cyst lookes like a white lump. it would real help if you got your tonsils out and get that cyst looked after. i hope you feel better soon.
paegastun

Return to Lymphoma