Cancer Definition

What Do U Think Of This Essy So Far?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Postby Berford » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:38 pm

THE DANGERS OF SMOKING

Juliana Okereke

Sec:7,8

All smokers must quit now!!! Scientists have discovered that smoking kills more people then Aids, alcohol, car accidents, suicide, and illegal drugs put together.Statistics shows that 22.3% of U.S citizens smoke. Smoking causes many different health risks, coast a lot of money, and is linked to environmental tobacco smoke, which is known has second hand smoking.

Studies have shown that smoking is dangerous to a smoker?s health and that 4,000 chemicals found in cigarettes can cause cancer. In addition, smoking causes 30% of all cancer deaths. In 1982 Surgeon General stated That ?Cigarette smoking is a major cause of cancer in the United states?. This is as true today as it was in 1982. Cancer is only half of the health problems caused by smoking. Smoking also causes heart disease, bronchitis, emphysema, and strokes.Addentionly, smoking can cause Osteoporosis, which is a disease that causes older people to become bent over and break there bones easily. Smoking is also said to shorten your life by 14 years.

Not only can smoking harm you, it can also cost you a lot of money. It is estimated that smoking just a pack a day, can cost you $1,800 a year wait there is more, smoking over the course of a life time can cost you $58,400.000 dollars! For example, smoker Barney has to pay $12 per day for one and a half pack of cigarettes that?s $4,380 per year. This is money you could spend on something useful such as helping the poor, buying a new car, or save for some thing special you may want to buy, later in your life.

Furthermore, not only can smoking harm the smoker, it can also harm the people around him or she too. This is known as second hand smoking or environmental tobacco smoke. Statistics says that 3,000 people die of second hand smoking each year.
There are 2 types of second hand smoking: mainstream smoke and side stream smoke.Mianstream smoke is when half of the smoke is inhaled or exhaled. Sidesream smoke is when smoke floats in the air. Second hand smoking can cause a lot of health issues such as lung cancer, nasal sinus, cavity cancer, cervical cancer, breast cancer, and bladder cancer. In addition too, second-hand smoking has a greater risk on children it can worsen their asthma conditions and can cause sudden infant death or (SID).

In conclusion, based on my research on the dangers of smoking, I think all smokers should quit because of its heath risks, heavy expenses on ones income, as well as hazards to the environment. In fact, in 1982 Surgeon General said that former smokers live longer than continuing smokers. For example, people who smoked and quit before the age of 50 have half the risk of dying in the next 15 years compared with continuing smokers. But even though 70% of smokers want to quit and 35% attempt to quit, sadly only 5% succeed in quitting. A famous quote, I think has to do with smoking is ?Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs?; This quote tells about the danger of smoking. I think that if anyone ever chooses to smoke he or she is making a very bad decision.
Berford

Postby Keannen » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:39 pm

I have to stop now, I think you need to please read what you have and correct, spelling and grammar mistakes.
I couldn't get through the first paragraph.

I don't mean to be rude, but there are prolly 3 spelling errors and five grammar errors.
Keannen

Postby valentino » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm

I thinks its pretty good once you work out a few of the misspelled words
valentino

Postby Reading » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:46 pm

that first statement is a little of the wall. how did you get all of that in your details. isn't there like a word limit?
Reading

Postby Caster » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:48 pm

To much repetition and you really need to look at the spelling and grammar.
Caster

Postby marco » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:54 pm

its good but you have alot of spelling and grammar errors
marco

Return to Cervical Cancer