Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Obesity Breast Cancer Linked Confirmed

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

What causes pink diarrhea?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby jadon49 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:03 pm

My friend has had this all day long today. Stomach pains come and go. He gets bouts of pinkish diarrhea.
jadon49

Postby macnicol » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:09 pm

has he had pepto lately? I know that's pink. but otherwise please read this:

Generally, blood in the stool means that there is bleeding somewhere in the large intestine. The color of the blood can be an indication of where the bleeding is occurring. If the blood is bright red and "fresh" looking, the bleeding is likely occurring toward the end of the colon or in the rectum. If bleeding is occurring higher up in the colon, the blood will be dark brownish to black, referred to as tarry stools. Sometimes, the blood may not even be visible on the stool.

The most common causes of visible blood in the stools are diverticulitis and hemorrhoids. Other conditions and situations that can cause blood in the stools include:

* colon cancer

* non-cancerous growths, such as polyps

* intestinal infections (bacterial enterocolitis) that can be caused by foodborne pathogens, such as salmonella and E. coli

* inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis)

* recent trauma; for example, blood in the stools can occur after colonoscopy or flexible sigmoidoscopy examination (only lasts a day or two; is not serious)

* lack of blood flow to the intestines, resulting in bowel ischemia

* use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as aspirin and ibuprofen

Sometimes the stools may appear darker than normal, leading people to believe they have blood in their stools, even when blood is not present. Consuming iron supplements, blueberries, beets, blackberries, and other blue, red, purple, and black foods can cause this to occur.

also, I read that if it is colon cancer, and if you catch it soon, then there is over 90% chance of survival.so even in worse case scenario he will be okay if you catch it fast
macnicol

Postby maximilian13 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:15 pm

Pink or reddish diarrhea means the presence of blood in his stool (poop). Along with the presence of abdominal pain, I would advise him to see his doctor or the urgent care. This is a sign of a possible underlying condition that may need prompt treatment.
maximilian13

Postby milward61 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:17 pm

That means there is blood in it. Whenever there is blood in your stool and youre not on your period(for a girl of course ) go to the doctors asap. And for a guy go to the doctors asap. I hope hes ok.
milward61

Postby buadhachan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:28 pm

Blood in stool... And that could be extremely dangerous! Go to the doctor
buadhachan

Postby bek81 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Blood in his stool.
bek81

Postby leo51 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:34 pm

Blood in his stool.