Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: New Technology to Test For Cancer With a Single Drop of Blood

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

What can I use to cover my new tattoo in the tanning bed?

Cancer Prevention discussion, cancer prevention diets, environmental causes of Cancer and more.

Postby aberto77 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:24 pm

I just got a new tattoo on my hip two nights ago. I started tanning at the tanning bed a week ago and didn't know my tattoo would conflict with it. I need to continue tanning because I am pale, prom is right around the corner, and I have already paid for a certain number of sessions. My instructions were to not tan for two weeks, but I desperately need to. If I wait another week and cover up my tattoo with a towel, will it be okay to tan? Or a bandage or paper towels? Any suggestions? Please do not say that the tanning bed is dangerous and will cause skin cancer because I am aware of that. Also, please do not say I should wait 4 or more weeks, because the artist that did my tattoo said two weeks was the max I needed to wait. Thanks in advance for the help!
aberto77

Postby paschal » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:26 pm

How about a nice tall glass of this great drink.

Ingredients:

1 oz vodka
1 oz Pernod
1 oz Cuban rum
1 oz crème de menthe
1 part 7-Up
1 part orange juice
Preparation:

Pour the vodka, Pernod, rum and crème de menthe into a pint glass with ice cubes.
Fill with equal parts of 7-up and orange juice.
Stir well.
paschal

Postby abiah » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:28 pm

You will have a white spot if you do that ..

if you don't do that you may damage your ink .. I suggest trying to trace it in the highest possible spf sunscreen ..
abiah

Postby macinnes » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:39 pm

IMO, you do not NEED to tan. That's all.
macinnes

Postby huxly » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:45 pm

DO NOT USE ANY TYPE OF SPF ! That will pull the ink outta your tat . your best bet is to tape a piece of paper towel over the tattoo . Tattoos only take about a week at most to heal up . All mine healed in 3 days @ most . You are gunna have a lighter patch of skin around the tattoo . However in a few sessions it should all be even ;)
huxly

Postby claud28 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:47 pm

You really shouldn't but. If you have to cover the tattoo with a towel just make sure it doesn't stick to the tattoo. Some tattoos take longer than. 2 weeks to heal. Do NOT use any spf lotion on your tattoo (you can use it every where else) that can cause irritation or infection.
claud28

Postby marx » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:06 pm

Here's some body tape you can cover up that tattoo with in the tanning bed: http://www.tat2x.com/how-to-cover-up-a-tattoo-p/ts6roll-tape.htm Do not use sunscreen as it will pull the ink out of your tattoo at this early stage in your healing process. Cover the area each time you tan if you want that new tattoo to last for years.
marx

Return to Cancer Prevention