Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

What Are The Risks Of Luekimia (blood Cancer)?

Leukemia and blood cancer discussion.

Postby Rudiger » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:33 pm

AL_hashimi - Maybe it would be better to ask what happens if you get leukemia since the risks of getting it may depend upon heredity, certain viral infection, or environmental hazards such as radiation or dangerous chemicals.
There are no valid exact numbers.
However, the outcome or prognosis is different for the many different types of leukemia.
Best of all are the acute lymphocytic leukemias of childhood in which many patients are cured.
The several other types, after being specifically identified, have different treatment involving possible chemotherapy, radiation treatment, and bone marrow transplants with different outcomes.
Rudiger

Postby Raylen » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:42 pm

I have no idea how I'm alive if that first answer is anything near true cause I had AML leukemia TWICE. Moving on....

Doc's don't know what causes Leukemia. They're working on it. Everyones risk is different. Depends on heredity, health, etc.
Raylen

Postby Jasim » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:46 pm

If you get leukemia you will die.

The odds of getting it are very low unless you are black or poor. Then it's around 95% :(
Jasim

Postby Gerd » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:02 pm

First leukemia is NOT cancer of the blood, it is cancer of the bone marrow where the blood cells are produced. Need more info what are the external factors that would determine risk?
Gerd

Return to Leukemia Forum