Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

What are my chances of CIN 3 turning to invasive cancer?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Postby micheal » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:24 am

I had the cold knife cone biopsy done the day before thanksgiving 2010.(margins were clear, diagnosed with CIN 2 & 3.) 6 months later I went for my pap and it came back abnormal. I had another culpo which came back CIN 2 & 3. When I went for my pre-op appt for 2nd cold knife cone biopsy, my surgeon suggested I have a hysterectomy. He said because it came back so fast and my disease is so aggressive, I should have the hysterectomy. He said he thinks that I might have invasive cancer and the cold knife cone biopsy will determine which procedure I will need, total hysterectomy or radical.This was 2 months ago. My cold knife cone biopsy is on wed aug 10th. Im worried that since its been so long since we found the CIN 2 & 3, that it will be invasive now. If I went from having clear margins, then CIN 2 & 3 six months later, what are the chances that its now invasive cancer? Im worried to death, I dont want radiation. I dont want the radical hysterectomy. And the past 3 weeks ive been having sharp shooting pains in my cervical area... Thank you for taking the time to read/answer my questions :)
micheal

Postby rowyn » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:30 am

It usually does not become invasive very quickly but you are not even giving us your age.
The whole point of having regular checkups is so it doesn’t and so you can ask your doctor these questions.
rowyn

Return to Cervical Cancer