Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: New Biomarker Discovered for Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

What age to most men and women die at in the UK? PLEASE READ DETAILS?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby rae4 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:01 pm

ok so my grandma is 76 and my grandad is 78. My grandma used to have breast cancer but got rid of it. then got skin cancer but got rid of it! She will have a hip replasment in a couple mounths so can that effect life? My grandad is really strong and healthy. Thx im just really worried
rae4

Postby bercnan » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi! Your grandmother sounds like a Very strong women. She fought off cancer not once but TWICE. shes amazing! Honestly, theres not really an average age of death. Your not born with an expiration date that says when Your going to die. Only God knows. But you shouldnt be worried right now about losing your Grandmother even though it seems hard not to think about it. Just be glad and thank God for everyday that You have her :)
bercnan

Postby lee » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:08 pm

80 years in the average life expectancy in the uk, but just because you reach this age doesn't mean you're going to die, it's just an average taken from people who have died, so your grandparents will be fine :) sorry to hear about it though :/
lee

Postby emile98 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:24 pm

You can't tell, really. I work with many old people, some in their nineties, quite a few nearly 100 years old.
emile98

Postby clarance » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:30 pm

in their 70s
clarance

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer