Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Fear of dying? Please help!?

Discuss Breast Cancer, one of the most common forms of cancer in the world today.

Postby agustin » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:01 am

Don't know what real anymore?

Im a 19 year old female. For the past month or so, I have had this intense fear of dying. Is was brought on by the fact that I thought I had Colon cancer, turns out I had procitis. Use to before that, dying was the last thing on my mind. I figured I'd die when I die. Now it's just full blown anxiety, taking over my life. I started to question my faith in God and my own existence. It feels like I'm reliving the same nightmare every single day for the past week. I can barely sleep, eat, or an hour go by without me hysterically bursting into tears. I also was getting tingling sensations in my harms, and it feels like I have its hard to breathe. Last night I went into a full blown panic attack. I could barely breathe, heart was racing, and thought I was dying. What furth concerns me is that I found a lump in my breast. Other than that, I have no other symptoms of breast cancer. I've been withdrawn from all my friends and family. My mom told me I need to get out and quit worrying about it. It's ruining my life! Please help!
agustin

Postby assan40 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:03 am

i can tell you that in past i have this feeling but you have to ignore this feeling for doing this you should trying so hard but be sure that it has some good result.
assan40

Postby fanuco15 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:07 am

i can tell you that in past i have this feeling but you have to ignore this feeling for doing this you should trying so hard but be sure that it has some good result.
don't panic we all die and we won't know when, could be tomorrow when you step in front of a bus or when your 80 and step in front of a bus

all i do know is that the few second prior if you experience a physical death (car crash, bus, fall) the pain and fear the seconds before will be immense

however you could die from non-trauma injuries like drowning, poison, fire

the worse way to die burning to death with the most unimaginable pain, poison feeling your insides turning against you, or drowning while feeling an array of violent painful involuntary choking coughs until you eventually pass out

although you could die of old age diseases such as cancer, the last days you will know are leading to your death, you will be dearly sick and miserable with the immense pain/depression of knowing all is coming to a end in a few days.

have a nice weekend
fanuco15

Postby acair » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:16 am

death is not something to be afraid of, death is part of our life, i wish to die every day but nothing happens lol, take easy and enjoy ur life.
acair

Postby thorntun40 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:20 am

You aren't afraid of dying -- you're panicking. It feels like that because it motivates you to do something. It works really well, huh?

Thing is, the brain is..unusual. part of it is the one you're used to -- the thing you think of when you think of yourself. But another part is there too -- this one you cant interact with directly. It can only interpret the world based on your feelings, not on external stimulus (because it cant see that.)

So when you are scared, it assumes you're in danger. When you react, (and start panicking) it confirms the threat, at least as far as its concerned. Because why else are you so scared, if you're not in danger? If you were being chased by a tiger, all these things would be a lot more helpful. Trouble is theres no tiger and you can't run. But your head demands it.

Simply put: your panic attacks will stop once you stop thinking you are in danger. You arent rational during the anxiety state, at all.

Oh and panic manifests suddenly out of nowhere and instantly snowballs. The first attacks are always hellish. In my case, i have been panicking for two years on and off, usually once a day. I think my heart is going to stop. I think this because one day I checked my pulse, but accidentally touched my collar bone, and thus felt no pulse.

I moved my fingers away after like, a second and readjusted them, and my pulse was fine. Thus began two years of panic surrounding a fear of an ailment that never occurred. Just sayin', you're not alone in this, and you will get through it :D

But you cant win until you accept that its panic.
thorntun40

Postby manolo » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:25 am

"the circle of life"
manolo

Return to Breast Cancer